Child Care Worker - ASI
Alcohol & Drug Treatment Programs | Mid-Wilshire Area | Full Time
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community volunteers seeking alternatives for individuals with substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing more than 500 residential treatment beds and outpatient counseling to over 1,500 individuals.
Child Care Worker - Residential Program
SCOPE OF DUTIES: Under the supervision of the Program Manager for the Drug & Alcohol Counseling Services (DACS), program of Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs, the Child Care Worker will provide child care, and help coordinate activities for the children of the clients.
Start Date: A.S.A.P.
The job duties include, but are not limited to the following responsibilities:
1. Coordinate services for children under the direct supervision of the program director;
2. Conduct intake of minor child(ren) and develop individual service plan;
3. Resolve day-to-day issues related to the children and conduct individuals sessions with parents as needed;
4. Facilitate Mommy and Me sessions;
5. Conduct case management sessions with family and provide linkage to supportive services;
6. Facilitate social and emotional development group activities based on age of the children;
7. Maintain shelter safety, cleanliness, and order;
8. Assist therapist in coordination of mental health services for children and provide service access advocacy as needed;
9. Chart all activities related to children;
10. Attend monthly staff development and weekly staff meetings;
11. Other tasks as assigned by the Program Director.
The qualifications include, but are not limited to the following skills: 1 Clerical skills including filing, computer literacy (Word);
1 Clerical skills including filing, computer literacy (Word);
2. Experience working in a residential program setting, providing services to women and children, and advocating for victims of domestic violence;
3. Ability to answer multiple lines and manage heavy telephone traffic;
4. CA State Evidence Code DV Certificate (40 hr. training);
5. Clean driving record.
6. Able to clear state and FBI criminal background check;
7. Experience advocating for individuals in a residential program setting;
8. Vehicle required with valid California driver's license and auto liability insurance.
Specific Education, Certification and Skill Requirements:
1. CA State Evidence Code DV Certificate ( 40 hr. training);
2. A minimum of two years paid experience in the provision of services to children of target population.
3. Completion of 60 credits in Early Childhood Education.
Lines of Authority:
This position reports to the Program Manager, who will supervise the duties and job performance.
*Online Resume Submissions Accepted Only; No-Drop-Offs Please*
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SCADP will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.