Residential Alcohol & Drug Treatment | Downey, CA | Full Time
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community volunteers seeking alternatives for individuals with a substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing more than 500 residential treatment beds and outpatient counseling to over 1,500 individuals.
The Counselor is responsible for the provision of alcohol and drug treatment services to clients and their families, and for developing treatment plans and ongoing clinical documentation to support the clinical management of the client.
- Performs primary alcohol and drug counseling functions for clients including screening, assessment, and intake; collaborate with case manager and LPHA; crisis intervention; group, individual, and educational sessions; discharge and transition planning; discharge summary and coordination of treatment services with members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Provides one on one, mentoring, support, assistance, problem solving and advocacy to clients.
- Undergoes training and demonstrate knowledge of the requirements of the ASAM Levels of Care, Trauma Informed Services using Motivational Interviewing and other evidenced based programs utilized by the agency.
- Support Culturally Sensitive, Gender Responsive and Trauma informed milieu.
- Timely and accurate entry of electronic health records that reflects treatment and progress of clients in the program. Documentation may include web-based, electronic and/or paper documents.
- Attend and participate in scheduled supervision meetings with assigned supervisor; attend and participate in shift exchange meetings, case conferences, staff meetings and other treatment team meetings in accordance with program needs and as assigned;
- Meet regularly with team members concerning client and program issues; assists in development or modification of procedures or improvement of services.
- Ensure the implementation of the prescribed treatment protocol of the program in which he or she is employed, including manualized and evidence-based practices.
- Develop, plan and initiate methods of exposing clients to healthy lifestyle activities designed to alter former lifestyles, attitudes, images and other negative behavioral patterns.
- Adhere to the professional ethics and conduct of standards as established by professional licensure and/or certification and to the policies of the organization, and legal, funding and regulatory requirements.
- Attends all required training sessions in accordance with organization, state licensing, and regulatory requirements.
- Transports program participants in the company vehicle to scheduled appointments, other off site appointments, and events as assigned.
- Monitor and records client self-administration of medication in accordance with organization Policies and Procedures and collects specimen from clients for drug screens in accord with organization Policy and Procedures.
- Assisting with other program activities including community service, special events, etc.
- Provide customer oriented telephone coverage.
Applicants must meet at least one of the following qualifications:
- Alcohol and Drug Counseling Certification by an approved accrediting organization
- AA or higher degree in Behavioral Science (highly desired)
- High school diploma or equivalence (required)A minimum of three years experience in the provision of SUD treatment services working with the targetpopulation;
- Knowledge of substance use disorder and family dynamics related to substance abuse;Culturally sensitive and competent, with bi-lingual skills preferred;
- Computer skills required and data reporting experience
QUALIFICATIONS ESSENTIAL TO SUCCESS
- Computer literate; demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and web-based applications
- Strong crisis management, conflict resolution and de-escalation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize an electronic clinical management system
- Good organization skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Bilingual Spanish preferred
Lines of Authority: This position reports to the Program Manager, who will supervise the duties and job performance.