AOD Certified Case Manager - Residential and Outpatient
Alcohol & Drug Treatment Programs | Downey, CA | Full Time
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community volunteers seeking alternatives for individuals with substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing more than 500 residential treatment beds and outpatient counseling to over 1,500 individuals.
Under the supervision and direction of the Program Manager, the Case Manager will be required to conduct intake assessments, develop individual service plans for program participants, as well as provide clients with linkages and advocacy for social service.
- Assess and develop individualized treatment plans based on participant assessments;
- Maintain strong network with community based linkages for assistance with referral, advocacy and resources;
- Audit participant records and documentation to ensure progress notes reflect issues identified in treatment plan;
- Conduct individual, group, crisis or collateral therapeutic sessions;
- Ensure and maintain all documents are performed timely and accurately, i.e. physicians clearance, treatment planning, Evaluation, Discharge Planning, etc.;
- Prepare written reports for referring agencies i.e. Court;
- Other tasks as assigned by the Program Manager
- AOD certification
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with target population and/or Alcohol & drug Certification from accredited agency;
- Knowledge of the disease of alcoholism/drug abuse;
- Understanding and experience working with recovering individuals and their impacted family members;
- Knowledge of/experience with substance abuse services in L.A. County;
- Understanding and familiarity with 12 Step Programs, substance abuse recovery and related issues;
- Minimum of 2 years sobriety, if recovering
- Culturally sensitive/competent, with bi-lingual/bi-cultural (English-Spanish) preferred.
- Able to work swing shift, graveyard shift and weekends.
LINES of AUTHORITY:
- Position report to Program Manager who will supervise the duties and job performance.