AOD Certified Case Manager (Court Order Services)
Court Ordered Services | Downey, CA | Full Time
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community volunteers seeking alternatives for individuals with substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing more than 500 residential treatment beds and outpatient counseling to over 1,500 individuals.
Under the supervision and direction of the Program Manager for Court Ordered Services (COS) of Southern California Alcohol & Drug Programs, Inc. the Case Manager will be required to conduct intake assessments, develop individual service plans for program participants, as well as provide clients with linkages and advocacy for social service.
- Assist with client intake and creation of individual treatment plans
- Chart all groups and individual sessions facilitated
- Audit assigned client files to ensure that progress notes reflect issues identified in treatment plan
- Resolve daily client issues as they present themselves
- Conduct case management sessions and provide linkage to supportive services
- Coordinate access to SCADP services/community services for participants and provide advocacy as needed
- Provide support for phones as needed
- Write letters to courts and other referring agencies
- Attend monthly staff development and weekly staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- AOD Certification
- Minimum of (2) years experience in the provision of treatment services working with specific population
- Knowledge of the disease of alcoholism/drug abuse;
- Understanding and familiarity with 12 Step Programs, substance abuse recovery and related issues;
- Strong computer skills
- Culturally sensitive/competent, with bi-lingual/bi-cultural (English-Spanish) preferred
Lines of Authority:
- Position report to Program Manager who will supervise the duties and job performance.
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law