AOD Certified Case Manager - Angel Step Too
Alcohol & Drug Treatment Programs | Bellflower, CA | Full Time
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) was established in 1972 in a grassroots effort by community volunteers seeking alternatives for individuals with substance use disorder (SUD). SCADP is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization providing more than 500 residential treatment beds and outpatient counseling to over 1,500 individuals.
Case Manager assess and coordinates beneficiary access to medical, educational, social, prevocational, vocational, rehabilitative, or other community services. It is the role of the Case Manager to interface, network and communicate with referral agencies and community resources, as well as family members and natural supports. . In collaboration with the AOD Counselor and LPHA, the Case Manager ensures that critical linkages to support services meet the medical, mental health, housing and education needs of the beneficiary and are consistently and effectively delivered
- Responsible for transferring benefits from previous county of residence to Los Angeles County for beneficiaries who have moved
- Facilitate necessary transitions in SUD levels of care ( e.g., from residential to intensive outpatient, outpatient treatment, etc.)
- Audit participant records and documentation to ensure progress notes reflect issues identified in treatment plan
- Conduct individual, group, crisis or collateral therapeutic sessions;
- Ensure and maintain all documents are performed timely and accurately, i.e. physicians clearance, treatment planning, Evaluation, Discharge Planning, etc.;
- Prepare written reports for referring agencies i.e. Court;
- Other tasks as assigned by the Program Manager
- AOD certification
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with target population and/or Alcohol & drug Certification from accredited agency;
- Knowledge of the disease of alcoholism/drug abuse;
- Understanding and experience working with recovering individuals and their impacted family members;
- Knowledge of/experience with substance abuse services in L.A. County;
- Understanding and familiarity with 12 Step Programs, substance abuse recovery and related issues;
- Minimum of 3 years sobriety, if recovering
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to assess, analyze and solve problems that may emerge.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment and exercise mature judgment strong communication skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a high-pressure environment
- Culturally sensitive/competent, with bi-lingual/bi-cultural (English-Spanish) preferred
LINES of AUTHORITY:
- Position report to Program Manager who will supervise the duties and job performance
Southern California Alcohol and Drug Programs, Inc. (SCADP) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form 1-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (OHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.