Senior Product Manager
Product Management | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
WHO ARE WE:
Sounding Board is the first-of-its-kind coaching enablement platform for large enterprises offering both the technology infrastructure and the coach network to enable and scale coaching practices organization-wide. A female-founded startup backed by top tier VCs with a vision to democratize access to coaching across all levels of an organization, Sounding Board combines a Saas, cloud-based management platform with a high quality, managed network of global coaches that can deliver remote, virtual 1:1, and group coaching at scale. Our customers include large-scale enterprises like Intel, Kraft Heinz, Mozilla, Dropbox & Cloudera, and high growth companies across every industry such as Chime, Plaid, Zoom, and UserTesting. When companies partner with us they see a resulting increase in promotion, retention, and increase in critical leadership skills in their managers. SAP.iO foundry recognized Sounding Board as one of the top 7 HRTech startups in 2019.
WHY SOUNDING BOARD:
- We are a mission-driven company creating the next generation of leaders
- Exciting, early-stage startup led by experienced, entrepreneurial founders
- Backed by leading investors including Bloomberg Beta, Precursor Ventures
- Competitive salary, and benefits
- Remote working environment
- Passionate, diverse & inclusive team
- Coaching & Wellness benefit – Every employee gets a 1:1 coach & monthly wellness stipend.
- Open PTO – take time when you need it
- Full Health benefits
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY:
As we grow into the large enterprises, it is unfolding the fun challenges of scaling up. We are looking for a senior product leader to help lead our strategic growth opportunity. As the PM for this area, you’ll deeply focus on understanding the needs of Sounding Board’s target customers across the product portfolio and using those to develop capabilities in the core enterprise platform.
- Be yourself, feel valued, supported, learn and grow to build your future self
- Be the problem-solving leader and make it a core foundation of the company’s DNA
- Be accountable for the key customer outcomes
WHAT WILL I BE DOING:
- Understand and internalize the enterprise coaching/talent development industry
- Partner with the Head of Product to set the long-term enterprise product strategy
- Drive conversations with users and customers to frame the most impactful problems
- Build hypothesis, deliver product and learn from the real user behavior
- Constantly prioritize to build features that move the needle
- Operate in an agile environment; hypothesize, design, code, test, release, learn, and repeat
WHAT SKILLS DO I NEED:
- Empathy for the problems that enterprise businesses face in their day-to-day operations
- Heightened self-awareness, and talent for asking non-leading questions
- Ability to translate user needs into product frameworks, design and engineering language
- Product judgement refined over the years
- Strong bias towards defining the goals, success criteria and measuring the impact of delivery
- Drive to build systemic understanding of issues and take structured approach to problem solving
- Experience designing and building B2B products (plus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for leading with influence
- Ability to step back, recognize inefficiencies, self-limiting behaviors and evolve on the fly
- BS/MS/PhD in Design/ Behavioral Science/ CS/ IT or a related field
- 5-10 years of hands-on product design, development, and management experience
- Plus - Experience in startups, ed-tech/ mental health industries, and enterprise platform
- We love thoughtful people and big thinkers who want to make it big
SOUNDING BOARD VALUES:
- Our values at Sounding Board are: Bring Curiosity, Fully Engage, Take the Risk, Own Your Impact, Continuously Evolve, and Make it Happen Together.
- Proactive Leadership & Curiosity: Seeks out new opportunities, drives projects, & navigates ambiguity with grace.
- Take the Risk: Be bold, make decisions, and don’t be afraid to take risks in your work to push yourself and the company.
- Own Your Impact: At Sounding Board we believe in treating people like adults. This means we trust you to manage your time and own your impact on the company.
- Continuously Evolve: As a company dedicated to development, you bring a similar growth mindset and continuous learning.
- Make it Happen Together: Excited to work cross-functionally and build relationships.
- Communication: Ability to credibly and compellingly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership.
It is the policy of Sounding Board, Inc to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.