Senior Frontend Developer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
WHO ARE WE:
Sounding Board is the first-of-its-kind coaching enablement platform for large enterprises offering both the technology infrastructure and the coach network to enable and scale coaching practices organization-wide. A female-founded startup backed by top tier VCs with a vision to democratize access to coaching across all levels of an organization, Sounding Board combines a Saas, cloud-based management platform with a high quality, managed network of global coaches that can deliver remote, virtual 1:1, and group coaching at scale. Our customers include large-scale enterprises like Intel, Kraft Heinz, Mozilla, Dropbox & Cloudera, and high growth companies across every industry such as Chime, Plaid, Zoom, and UserTesting. When companies partner with us they see a resulting increase in promotion, retention, and increase in critical leadership skills in their managers. SAP.iO foundry recognized Sounding Board as one of the top 7 HRTech startups in 2019.
WHY SOUNDING BOARD:
- We are a mission-driven company creating the next generation of leaders
- Exciting, early-stage startup led by experienced, entrepreneurial founders
- Backed by leading investors including Bloomberg Beta, Precursor Ventures
- Competitive salary, and benefits
- Remote working environment
- Passionate, diverse & inclusive team
- Coaching & Wellness benefit – Every employee gets a 1:1 coach & monthly wellness stipend.
- Open PTO – take time when you need it
- Full Health benefits
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY:
This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and help define the culture of frontend engineering here at Sounding Board. As a Senior Frontend Developer, we’re looking for an engineer that is a tireless advocate for the end-user of our platform and the engineering team as a whole.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING:
- Working with Product and Design from problem statement to delivery.
- Applying attention to scalability, reliability, and ultimately the entire experience of our users.
- Help drive the evolution of our engineering standards, tooling, and process.
WHAT SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS DO I NEED:
- 2+ years of experience working with React
- 2+ years experience working with Jest or equivalent testing framework
- You have a deep understanding of cross-browser compatibility pitfalls and how to work around them.
- You have a great track record of working closely with design teams to build beautiful and intuitive web pages and applications.
- You enjoy mentoring and teaching colleagues at all levels, while also learning from them.
- You are a pragmatic programmer that understands how to balance quality, time to ship, and cost.
- You have a holistic approach to quality and testing.
- You have familiarity with Typescript.
- You have familiarity with GraphQL.
- You have a strong portfolio (on Github) that displays your passion for delighting users.
- Experience with state management frameworks like Redux
- You have previous experience amongst a rapidly growing team.
- You have previous experience with build chain tools like Webpack and Yarn.
- You have previous experience with visual design techniques like spacing, typography, and color.
- You have familiarity with a server-side framework such as Node.js, or Express.
- You have familiarity with working in container environments and continuous integration tools like Github Actions, Circle CI, or Travis CI.
- You have familiarity with a document database like MongoDB.
- You have experience with Cypress.js
SOUNDING BOARD VALUES:
- Our values at Sounding Board are: Bring Curiosity, Fully Engage, Take the Risk, Own Your Impact, Continuously Evolve, and Make it Happen Together.
- Proactive Leadership & Curiosity: Seeks out new opportunities, drives projects, & navigates ambiguity with grace.
- Take the Risk: Be bold, make decisions, and don’t be afraid to take risks in your work to push yourself and the company.
- Own Your Impact: At Sounding Board we believe in treating people like adults. This means we trust you to manage your time and own your impact on the company.
- Continuously Evolve: As a company dedicated to development, you bring a similar growth mindset and continuous learning.
- Make it Happen Together: Excited to work cross-functionally and build relationships.
- Communication: Ability to credibly and compellingly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership.
It is the policy of Sounding Board, Inc to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.