Sales | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
WHO ARE WE:
Sounding Board is the first-of-its-kind coaching enablement platform for large enterprises offering both the technology infrastructure and the coach network to enable and scale coaching practices organization-wide. A female-founded startup backed by top tier VCs with a vision to democratize access to coaching across all levels of an organization, Sounding Board combines a Saas, cloud-based management platform with a high quality, managed network of global coaches that can deliver remote, virtual 1:1, and group coaching at scale. Our customers include large-scale enterprises like Intel, Kraft Heinz, Mozilla, Dropbox & Cloudera, and high growth companies across every industry such as Chime, Plaid, Zoom, and UserTesting. When companies partner with us they see a resulting increase in promotion, retention, and increase in critical leadership skills in their managers. SAP.iO foundry recognized Sounding Board as one of the top 7 HRTech startups in 2019.
WHY SOUNDING BOARD:
- We are a mission-driven company creating the next generation of leaders
- Exciting, early-stage startup led by experienced, entrepreneurial founders
- Backed by leading investors including Bloomberg Beta, Precursor Ventures
- Competitive salary, and benefits
- Remote working environment
- Passionate, diverse & inclusive team
- Coaching & Wellness benefit – Every employee gets a 1:1 coach & monthly wellness stipend.
- Open PTO – take time when you need it
- Full Health benefits
WHO ARE YOU:
- Fanatical about client experience: you understand buyers’ motivations and are always looking for ways to engage and educate your clients
- Organized, disciplined, and persistent: you know how to run a high-volume pipeline across multiple stages, nurture deals, disciplined in following up, and persistent in handling objections and educating your buyers to influence their decisions
- Hands-on yet strategic: We talk a lot about being able to go high to low. You can set high-level priorities and then roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Curious, open & ambitious: You’re a voracious learner and naturally curious. You have your own point of view about things but open to feedback. You want to make an impact on everything you do
- Self-starter – you need to remove your own roadblocks, figure stuff out on the go, and won’t wait around for someone else to tell you what to do. You thrive on challenge and like to problem solve
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS DO I NEED:
- 5+ years of industry experience in sales, business development, closing enterprise deals, experience in consultative, values-based selling
- Proven track record of closing sales opportunities and beating your quotas
- Able to manage complex deals with multiple stakeholders and a higher ticket product & service
- Experience selling to the enterprise through the HR, Learning, or People functions at the C-level
- Tech-savvy: you like technology, understand the leadership industry and where it is going, and be able to share these market changes with your buyers
- Excited about working with product and engineering to provide customer and client feedback to develop an even more compelling product
- Experience in selling technology and/or services to the enterprise
SOUNDING BOARD VALUES:
- Our values at Sounding Board are: Bring Curiosity, Fully Engage, Take the Risk, Own Your Impact, Continuously Evolve, and Make it Happen Together.
- Proactive Leadership & Curiosity: Seeks out new opportunities, drives projects, & navigates ambiguity with grace.
- Take the Risk: Be bold, make decisions, and don’t be afraid to take risks in your work to push yourself and the company.
- Own Your Impact: At Sounding Board we believe in treating people like adults. This means we trust you to manage your time and own your impact on the company.
- Continuously Evolve: As a company dedicated to development, you bring a similar growth mindset and continuous learning.
- Make it Happen Together: Excited to work cross-functionally and build relationships.
- Communication: Ability to credibly and compellingly present and debate recommendations with senior leadership.
It is the policy of Sounding Board, Inc to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.