Director of Brand Marketing/Content Development
Marketing | Santa Rosa, CA | Full Time
Sonoma County Tourism (SCT) is the official destination stewardship organization for California's Sonoma County. We are a private, not-for-profit marketing and sales organization dedicated to promoting overnight stays and creating a sustainable hospitality economy here in one of Travel & Leisure’s Best Places to Travel 2021.
We are currently seeking an experienced Director of Brand Marketing/Content Development with a passion for content development and the Sonoma County lifestyle, to join our team of tourism marketing professionals. Reporting to the VP of Marketing & Communications, this position leads the creative side of SCT’s consumer marketing efforts and is the point person for content across the organization.
This is a great opportunity to join an established team and DMO in an increasingly popular destination county. We offer competitive pay and benefits, PTO, and 401k with match in a professional office environment near the Santa Rosa airport. This position is regular full-time with up ~10% local travel and occasional travel outside the County. The job is remote during Covid but the office will reopen later in the year.
As Director of Brand Marketing/Content Development, you will:
- Co-develop consumer marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Develop copy for articles, website, eNews, etc.
- Develop, obtain, update, edit and curate visual imagery
- Direct and resource our content calendar including visuals, external partners, etc.
- Continuously monitor, edit and add content to website
- Partner with both agencies and internal team members on content and creative development
- Oversee social media efforts, including concepting, message development, monitoring and paid influencer campaigns
- Leverage sponsorship and partnerships for maximum benefit
- Identify and leverage best practices for increasing engagement on SCT-owned channels
- Analyze and utilize metrics to inform marketing and promotional activities
- Leverage local partners to help power SCT’s messaging platforms
- Attend networking/tourism events throughout the year
The qualified candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Tourism, or related field or combination education/experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in brand marketing and content development in a comparable setting
- Familiarity with and passion for Sonoma County strongly preferred
- Experience with DMO’s, vendor management and agencies preferred
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- An eye for effective creative design and advertising
- Software skills including Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, video editing, website editing
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle for local travel
If you meet these requirements and are ready to embark on an exciting new career opportunity, we’d like to hear from you!
Communication is key to all we do, and we weigh cover letters heavily. Please include your salary requirement.
Sonoma County Tourism is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. We believe a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. Moreover, we recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live.