Digital Marketing Coordinator
Marketing | Sonoma County, CA | Full Time
Join a fun and innovative team of marketing and PR professionals! Sonoma County Tourism is the official destination marketing organization for California's Sonoma County. SCT is a private, non-profit marketing and sales organization dedicated to promoting overnight stays and creating a sustainable hospitality economy in Sonoma County, California.
Located 45 minutes from San Francisco, Sonoma County provides a genuine and adventurous wine country experience.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator supports the interactive and online marketing initiatives of Sonoma County Tourism. This full-time, non-exempt position reports to the Digital Marketing Manager and is based in our Santa Rosa office. Some local travel is required.
The ideal applicants for this position will possess strong online communications skills and creative talent with a broad digital marketing background. They should be familiar with online social media platforms, a variety of online content distribution and analytic tools, as well as website and blog publishing and editing. Proficiency with moderating online communities, writing copy for digital mediums, producing video clips and visual storytelling for social media, taking photos, editing images and creating Instagram stories is highly preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and assist with coordinating the social media and online communications plan
- Moderate, post and comment on SCT's own social channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, and online community forums such as TripAdvisor and other travel related platforms
- Increase "Millennial" audience engagement
- Edit and publish content from freelance writers to SCT's website and blog
- Write copy for digital marketing and content distribution according to SEO best practices
- Create and edit photos, video clips, Instagram stories and other visual content
- Curate and moderate user generated content (UGC) via digital platforms
- Coordinate video projects and post videos to online channels
- Assist with e-newsletter and e-book coordination
- Assist with developing and implementing content strategy
- Assist with identifying and monitoring social influencers
- Participate in a professional, collaborative marketing team to increase demand for the Sonoma County experience among potential travelers
- Stay current on trends in marketing, online media and the tourism space.
Experience and Other Desired Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to work with digital vendors and agencies
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced marketing environment
- Knowledge of online social and content management platforms
- Familiarity with online distribution channels currently in use and those "coming down the pipeline."
- Detailed knowledge of Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Experience with website and blog editing/publishing
- Experience with photo and video editing software, such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with a variety of digital devices
- WYSIWYG / open-source content management experience
- Strong social media knowledge, especially in a B2C setting
- Destination marketing, hospitality industry or lifestyle brand marketing a plus
Our focus is first on the right person, rather than a specific education; however, the ideal candidate will have a degree in Marketing, Communications or Business, or 3+ years of combined education and experience in the field.
Sonoma County Tourism offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off, and a 401(k) program.
Please, no phone calls or emails to the Sonoma County Tourism office or staff.
Sonoma County Tourism is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value diversity in all forms, and encourage ALL qualified applicants to apply.