Bottling Line Mechanic
Production | Healdsburg, CA | Full Time
Bottling Line Mechanic
The Bottling Line Mechanic performs a wide variety of skilled mechanic and electrical duties. The Bottling Line Mechanic will provide hands-on maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs for high speed bottling and canning equipment; install, repair and modify existing and new equipment, including the fabrication of simple parts. Follow operating procedures that safeguard company property, environmental and employee safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures line up-time to meet bottling schedule.
• Maintains equipment to meet packaging standards and established guidelines.
• Under limited supervision perform skilled, complex troubleshooting of production equipment
• Assists in the maintenance of essential infrastructure required for bottling equipment.
• Responsible for bottling line changeovers, adjustments, synchronization of equipment, and equipment up-time.
• Performs preventive and tactical maintenance and updates appropriate records.
• Follow general housekeeping procedures including infrastructure, machine and tool cleaning.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Maintain electronic equipment maintenance records.
Additional Skills and Responsibilities While not necessary to being offered this position, priority may be given to candidates with experience in the following:
• Cellar work and Good Food Manufacturing Practices
• Ability to troubleshoot, wire, and perform electrical maintenance.
• High School Diploma/GED
• Cellar and/or bottling line experiences
• 2-5 Years of maintenance experience or demonstrated aptitude required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Above average ability to analyze and take appropriate action on problems associated with bottling and canning equipment
• Extensive knowledge of methodical troubleshooting techniques
• Ability to read schematics
• Valid CA Driver's License
• Basic Welding Skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities