Senior Full Stack Developer
IT | Herndon, VA | Full Time and Contract
If full stack development and working with various languages and technologies excite you, then there's a spot for you on our team! At Solution Street, our employees have many opportunities to work on interesting, challenging projects supporting clients one-on-one in various domains primarily in the commercial space. Our company culture thrives on our five core values: Honesty, Respect, Transparency, Dependability, and FUN! They're embedded in everything we do and how we do it!
We are seeking talented Full Stack Developers. We offer consulting services throughout the Northern Virginia and DC area and our Solution Street office is located in Herndon, Virginia. This individual should demonstrate the following skills & requirements:
- Work with a cross functional agile team.
- Mentoring junior developers one-on-one or in co-working sessions.
- Run a development team as the senior technical asset.
- Facilitate team understanding of concepts and implementation approaches.
- Develop using serverless technologies on AWS.
- Support version control for application code, system configuration, infrastructure code, and deployment scripts in version control.
- Automate deployments with automated and repeatable deployment scripts for changes
to infrastructure, applications, code and security.
Scripts to trigger build processes with pre-coded tests to ensure version control and change management.
Support and manage code branches.
Write scripts for automated builds and deployment scripts.
Support system configuration.
Familiarity to create and deploy automation pipelines such as GitLab, Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI, TravisCI.
Create, deploy and orchstrate code updates with Containerized platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes and ECS.
Use Bash or PowerShell to operate and debug issues with modern operating systems for package management, configuration, logging, auditing, process / resource monitoring, network configuration.
Configuration Management: configuring and creating CI/CD pipelines using configuration management tools such as: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Packer.
Support security testing, integration into the pipeline and design and testing phases.
- Five (5) years of experience in the Information Technology field focusing on development projects using DevSecOps and AWS cloud environments.
- Experience with full stack engineering (defined as proficient in database development/integration as well as server and client application development/integration), including three (3) years of experience deploying production enterprise applications in AWS.
- Bachelors (BS) degree in Computer Science or requisite experience.
- Shall have an additional three (3) years of specific software engineering experience related to front-end and back-end applications and/or data services.
- Shall possess experience with automation and engineering tasks, data, infrastructure/operations, and security engineer tasks.
- Excellent communication skills.
AWS professional level certifications are preferred
*We will NOT accept resumes from Third parties.
**This is a remote role due to Covid, but must be in the DMV area.
About Solution Street
Solution Street, a software engineering firm, was founded by a software developer who envisioned a safe haven for software engineers who wanted to work on interesting, fun projects. Since 2002, we’ve stuck by this principle and as a result, we’ve developed long, lasting relationships with our clients and have a team of great developers who love what they do.
We enjoy working with cutting edge technologies and providing solutions to complex business problems. Our employees are experts in building large, highly scalable and well performing web applications using many technologies. We are Microsoft and AWS partners.
What's In It for You?
We offer a relaxed, fun, flexible, working environment with competitive salary + bonus + 100% paid health/dental to employee + life insurance + PTO + long-term and short-term disability + 401(k). Solution Street automatically contributes to employees' 401(k) plans. We are passionate about technology and we share out thoughts and discoveries in our monthly newsletters. To subscribe to our latest blog, please visit: https://us10.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=6a3b68411070f7dab1adb3a8b&id=f0193ac93e. Solution Street is also a sponsor of NOVA SART (Northern Virginia Software Architecture Round Table Group). Please visit www.solutionstreet.com or check out our Face page https://www.facebook.com/solutionstreet for more information regarding our company culture, the charities we support, and the fun events we do together!
If you are a talented software engineer looking for a challenge, please apply now!