Data Warehouse Engineer
IT | Herndon, VA | Full Time and Contract
Solution Street has a great opportunity for the following:
Data Warehouse Engineer
As a Data Warehouse Engineer, you will play an integral part in the design, data modeling and development of the data warehouse and ETL processes. You will also help with technical leadership and mentoring of other developers on the team, gather requirements from the business stakeholders and translate these into actionable tasks and assisting the data warehouse architect to determine what is the “right” architecture moving forward.
- Responsible for assisting with the architecture and design of enterprise data warehouse processes, including migration of existing data warehouse data/schema/processes to a new data warehouse architecture
- Designs and develops Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes to acquire and load data from internal and external sources
- Designs and develops all aspects of the data warehouse processes including data modeling, ETL, data validation and implementation
- Documents and maintains business definitions, data dictionary and data mapping
- Implements data source integrations using various services like REST, flat file processing, etc.
- Evaluates data process optimization opportunities and develops recommendations and improvements
- Provides support to users in training and education on available data tools as required
- 5+ years of experience in Information Technology
- 5+ years in Data Warehouse applications
- 5+ years of experience with the BI/DW lifecycle components including Source Data Analysis, ETL, ODS, Data Marts, Data Mining
- 5+ years of analysis, development and programming experience
- Significant experience with data modeling skills
- Significant experience with SQL and Relational Databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, etc)
- Experience with BI/reporting tools (i.e. Tableau, PowerBI, Domo, MicroStrategy, SAS, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to translate business requirements into actionable data warehouse processes, data, and reports
- Strong organizational and planning skills, strong analytical abilities, and process orientation
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, including Redshift and AWS Glue
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Tableau and/or Domo reporting tools
- Experience with git, Jira, and Confluence
- Experience with Salesforce integration and/or development
- Experience with mortgage banking data/systems
- Some agile project management experience, for example managing tasks in Scrum or Kanban boards.
*This position is currently remote.
*NO third party candidates
About Solution Street
Solution Street, a software engineering firm, was founded by a software developer who envisioned a safe haven for software engineers who wanted to work on interesting, fun projects. Since 2002, we’ve stuck by this principle and as a result, we’ve developed long, lasting relationships with our clients and have a team of great developers who love what they do.
We enjoy working with cutting edge technologies and providing solutions to complex business problems. Our employees are experts in building large, highly scalable and well performing web applications using many technologies. We are Microsoft and AWS partners.
What's In It for You?
We offer a relaxed, fun, flexible, working environment with competitive salary + bonus + 100% paid health/dental to employee + life insurance + PTO + long-term and short-term disability + 401(k). Solution Street automatically contributes to employees' 401(k) plans. We are passionate about technology and we share out thoughts and discoveries in our monthly newsletters. To subscribe to our latest blog, please visit: https://us10.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=6a3b68411070f7dab1adb3a8b&id=f0193ac93e. Solution Street is also a sponsor of NOVA SART (Northern Virginia Software Architecture Round Table Group). Please visit www.solutionstreet.com or check out our Face page https://www.facebook.com/solutionstreet for more information regarding our company culture, the charities we support, and the fun events we do together!
If you are a talented software engineer looking for a challenge, please apply now!