Senior Windows Systems Engineer
Digital | San Francisco, CA
System Engineer – Windows Focus
Pay attention to the title! It says Systems Engineer. This is a critical difference with this job. We want you will dig in deep, learn how things work, and then engineer better solutions. It is expected that you will collaborate closely with development, project management, and third party technology vendors to make the overall functionality of our clients systems. Here, it is about people, process, and technology. They are all critical to fully function day to day but it’s the people that make us shine.
The focus of this position is on High End Web Applications that use the best of breed technologies available today. Dynamic DNS, world class CMS, distributed architectures, top notch DRBC, excellent process. Also, to emphasis that this is NOT a corporate internal IT job in any way. If they want to work on a kick ass systems engineering team and gain the most valuable skills in the market today thenthey want to work for SolutionSet Systems Engineering and Architecture.
This is a client facing consulting oriented position as part of a strong and growing team that is looking for people to join that just get it.
We'd like to meet you if you possess these fundamental traits. These are non-negotiable:
- Are a self-starter
- Are professional and possess excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Work with cloud computing and automation
- Are passionate about technology
- Have the desire and ability to learn new things fast
- Have the ability to think on your feet
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Have strong problem solving skills
- Want to be part of an efficient and effective team
The following is what we hope you know how to do. If you don’t have all of this under your best, we can teach you. But, you should have mastered more than half.
- 2+ years of professional Windows Server administration skills (Win2003 and Win2008)
- MUST have experience working in a client facing role; for an agency, independent consultant, or a consulting company
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience with Windows Enterprise Server
- Experience with Windows build, continuous integration, and deployment tools and performance monitoring tools
- Experience with deploying web applications to a Windows environment
- Experience working with Cloud Computing
- Experience with Windows based scripting
- Experience with CMS systems such as Sitecore also a big plus
- Load testing oriented
- Knowledge of load balancing, capacity and high availability planning
- Clear understanding of networking technologies (Routers, Firewalls, Switches, etc)
- Monitoring services and on-call experience
- Experience working with clients in person, on the phone and via email
- Systems automation experience a big plus
These base technical requirements are non-negotiable; you must possess them and your skills must be up to date. This is a full-time position on-site. Salary is commensurate with demonstrable experience. We offer competitive salary and benefits packages to qualified individuals. For this position you must be eligible to work in the United States. Submit your resume in Text-only or PDF via our online application at http://solutionset.jobscore.com.
Launched in 2003, SolutionSet (http://www.solutionset.com) combines industry-leading technology with user-centered creative to deliver the latest approaches in web development, digital marketing and brand experience. As a brand technology and interactive agency, we utilize the latest technology to turn our clients' visions into the website, brand promise, ad campaign, application interface, or email campaign they need to run their business.