Senior Technical Project Manager - Social Business
Digital | San Francisco, CA
Senior Technical Project Manager – Social Business
SolutionSet was formed as an answer to what was missing in the market: a firm that was technical enough to implement complex software systems, but creative enough to make the systems beautiful and easy to use. We are a unique service provider that combines user-centered creative and leading-edge technology to deliver the next new thinking in web development, digital marketing, and brand experience. We have 400 people in six offices across North America, working together to change consumer behavior and drive transactions for our clients.
SolutionSet’s Social Business Practice is the leader in delivering an entirely new class of enterprise software to Fortune 500 clients. As Facebook, Twitter, and other social technologies changed how consumers used the internet, enterprises began to use social software to increase employee productivity, gather feedback about their products, reduce customer support costs, and manage brand awareness. The Social Business Practice at SolutionSet provides the consulting, creative, and implementation services required to bring these social software systems to market for our clients.
Leadership of projects at SolutionSet requires a solid grounding in web technologies, a passion for working with customers, and the ability to lead a talented team. You will be in a prominent, client facing role where you will learn the latest social software platforms, rapidly increase your management experience, and deliver for top tier clients such as Cisco, eBay, Dell, Adidas, Office Depot, American Express, and others.
- Consult clients through the process of defining the requirements and use cases for their custom software systems.
- Lead teams to design, develop, and deploy systems with multiple customizations and integration points.
- Manage 2-4 client engagements concurrently, assuming full responsibility for project financial performance.
- Engage in business development efforts to define new work and drive follow on revenue.
- Collaborate with SolutionSet’s software partners on client work and actively build partner relationships.
- Develop expertise in new technologies and platforms that we use to deliver client solutions.
- Drive improvements to our offerings methodologies in order to increase efficiency and mature the practice.
- Must have a background in a client-facing role at a large consulting firm, an enterprise software firm, or a large agency.
- Delivery experience on one or more enterprise software platforms. Project experience with CRM, CMS, Sales Automation, or eCommerce systems is desired.
- Proven skill in driving the requirements process, authoring polished deliverables, and defining customer solutions that work.
- Superlative written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire and ability to learn quickly, take professional risks, and operate in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a 4 year university. Computer Science or technical degree is preferred. MBA is a plus
- Experience with Jive SBS is a plus