Digital | San Francisco, CA
Scala Developer – Distributed Web Application Services
SolutionSet was formed as an answer to what was missing in the market: a firm that was technical enough to implement complex software systems, but creative enough to make the systems beautiful and easy to use. We are a unique service provider that combines user-centered creative and leading-edge technology to deliver the next new thinking in web development, digital marketing, and brand experience. We have 400 people in six offices across North America, working together to change consumer behavior and drive transactions for our clients.
SolutionSet Digital consistently delivers high performance cutting edge web applications to Fortune 500 clients. We are heavily geared to execution and delivery. Our processes and methodologies are time tested and the quality of output very high. Our teams are some of the very best in their fields and able to consistently deliver on technically and operationally complex projects with relative ease.
A Scala developer at SolutionSet tends to have come from the Java world and have a more traditional computer science background. This is not a hard requirement and demonstrated skills are more important. The work we do here in Scala is in the creation of software for the purposes of business analytics, big data, and distributed computing. We work with Scala, Akka, Lift, SBT, MongoDB, Riak, Redis, and a variety of other related tools.
If you are a java developer or other developer that wants to learn Scala, let’s talk. If you have the fundamentals we might just be able to make it work.
- Consult clients through the process of defining the requirements for their custom software systems.
- Lead teams and be a part of teams to design, develop, and deploy systems with multiple customizations and integration points.
- Develop expertise in new technologies and platforms that we use to deliver client solutions.
- Learn with and mentor your team mates when opportunities arise
- Solve technical problems.
- Responsible for producing high quality deliverables in timely fashion.
- Responsible for analyzing problems, developing solutions and making decisions that impact projects.
- Drive improvements to our offerings methodologies in order to increase efficiency and mature the practice.
- 4+ years of on industry experience with a Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year university. Computer Science or technical degree is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Write Deployable and stable code
- Highly motivated performer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well both in a team and individually.
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude and dedication to the job. Nice to have
- Desire and ability to learn quickly, take calculated professional risks, and operate in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Scala experieince is a BIG plus
We are the largest independent Marketing services company in the country.
We are more than just marketers. We are thinkers. Artists. Engineers. Storytellers. Filmmakers. Designers. Writers. Coders. Strategists.
SolutionSet treats each client relationship like a series of ongoing auditions—always innovating, never resting. We take a whole-brain approach to creative development, considering both look and performance, from emails to landing pages to direct mail.
Clients include Google, AT&T, Dell, Apollo Group, eBay, USAA, Stanford University, adidas, Cisco, Office Depot, TiVo, and more. We’re growing every day.
Solutionset is an Equal Opportunity Employer