Java Developer – Social Business
Digital | San Francisco, CA
SolutionSet was formed as an answer to what was missing in the market: a firm that was technical enough to implement complex software systems, but creative enough to make the systems beautiful and easy to use. We are a unique service provider that combines user-centered creative and leading-edge technology to deliver the next new thinking in web development, digital marketing, and brand experience. We have 400 people in six offices across North America, working together to change consumer behavior and drive transactions for our clients.
SolutionSet’s Social Business Practice is the leader in delivering an entirely new class of enterprise software to Fortune 500 clients. As Facebook, Twitter, and other social technologies changed how consumers used the internet, enterprises began to use social software to increase employee productivity, gather feedback about their products, reduce customer support costs, and manage brand awareness. The Social Business Practice at SolutionSet provides the consulting, creative, and implementation services required to bring these social software systems to market for our clients.
A Java developer at SolutionSet is required to have a solid understanding of web technologies, a passion for learning new technologies and working with customers. You will be in a key contributor role where you will learn the latest social software platforms, rapidly enhance your technical skill set, and deliver for top tier clients such as Cisco, eBay, Dell, Adidas, Office Depot, American Express, and others.
- Consult clients through the process of defining the requirements for their custom software systems.
- Lead teams to design, develop, and deploy systems with multiple customizations and integration points.
- Develop expertise in new technologies and platforms that we use to deliver client solutions.
- Mentor junior and mid level developers.
- Assist the development team with solving technical problems.
- Responsible for producing high quality deliverables in timely fashion.
- Responsible for analyzing problems, developing solutions and making decisions that impact projects.
- Drive improvements to our offerings methodologies in order to increase efficiency and mature the practice.
- 2+ years of on industry experience with a Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year university. Computer Science or technical degree is preferred.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Highly motivated performer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well both in a team and individually.
- Intellectual curiosity, positive attitude and dedication to the job. Nice to have
- Desire and ability to learn quickly, take professional risks, and operate in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with Jive SBS is a plus.
We are now the 2nd largest independent Marketing services company in the country.
We are more than just marketers. We are thinkers. Artists. Engineers. Storytellers. Filmmakers. Designers. Writers. Coders. Strategists.
SolutionSet treats each client relationship like a series of ongoing auditions—always innovating, never resting. We take a whole-brain approach to creative development, considering both look and performance, from emails to landing pages to direct mail.
Clients include Google, AT&T, Dell, eBay, USAA, Stanford University, adidas, Cisco, Office Depot, TiVo, and more. We have 450 plus employees and 6 offices nation wide. And we’re growing every day.
Solutionset is an Equal Opportunity Employer