Procurement & Warehouse Manager
Office Administration | Tucson, AZ | Full Time
Reports To: General Superintendent & Residential Project Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Revised on: November 2017
Taking direction from the Residential Project Manager and General Superintendent, the Materials & Warehouse Manager is a critical member of the Residential Business Group, providing procurement and warehouse management support to the team. This role helps ensure the timely and effective installation of Residential solar PV systems in a cost-effective manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Research the market and potential vendors for the best price, quality, and availability of materials. Publish current pricing to Sales and cost estimating teams for accuracy in proposals and cost estimates.
- Collect project material requirements from the Project Manager and Operations Lead. Negotiate with vendors and place orders through Accounting for the raw materials to ensure materials are delivered on time and on budget.
- Maintain good working relationships with suppliers, communicate issues and opportunities for improvement and maintain records of vendor performance.
- Coordinate inbound shipping of the materials to ensure timely receipt of materials in satisfactory condition.
- Monitor available stock inventory to ensure the accuracy of counts, effective utilization of on-hand quantities, and minimize shortages.
- Stage and load materials required for the installation project in an organized, effective manner to minimize field staff downtime for material preparation and procurement related activities.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, Ops Lead, and Accounting, regularly review project material costs on an actual basis to ensure proper assignment of costs to projects.
- Maintain status of assigned tasks and responsibilities by project within the company project tracking/CRM system.
- Maintain clean and organized warehouse and yard facilities through set-up of clearly marked bin/storage locations, routine cleaning, and maintenance of site
- Coordinate and supervise on-site material receiving activities.
- Coordinate disposal and sales of site scrap and recyclable materials as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Time Management Skills
Desktop Computer Skills
This job operates in both a professional office and customer environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, smartphones, photocopier, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Essential functions of this position require: lifting, manual dexterity, and ability to communicate.
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force frequently lifting or carrying of objects of similar weight. Requires a good deal of walking, standing and climbing to maintain warehouse organization and cleanliness. Also involves frequently sitting at a desk, operating office equipment. The employee frequently required the use of hands and fingers, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Mental Application: Utilizes memory for details, verbal instructions, emotional stability, critical thinking, adaptability and creative problem-solving skills are important. Strong documentation skills a must.
Required Education and Experience:
High School Graduate or equivalent. Must possess valid driver’s license and be capable of operating a forklift. Procurement and Warehouse management experience preferred. Electrical experience and knowledge also preferred.