Vice President, People
People | US REMOTE | Full Time
Here at Sojern, we are on a mission to empower travel marketers to move travelers from dream to destination. Powered by machine learning and travel data, Sojern is quickly becoming the #1 travel marketing platform serving thousands of hotels, attractions, airlines and destinations worldwide.
We made Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 list 6 years in a row, were recognized on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine, and were named a Best Place to Work by AdAge. As a globally distributed company, we are headquartered in San Francisco with employees based in 14 countries and counting.
Our team is passionate about travel and the core values that define our culture: Win as a Team, Embrace Inclusion, Be Genuine, Deliver Wow, and Center Around the Customer.
Need more convincing? Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
Sojern is looking for an enthusiastic, talented, and business-savvy Vice President, People. This critical role will lead a global team and have a direct hand in driving our company’s next phase of growth, working with our biggest asset: our people. This is an exceptional opportunity to further define and optimize how we recruit, develop and retain high performance talent, supporting a high growth business, while providing a world-class employee experience and culture. This role will report directly to Sojern’s Chief Financial Officer.
What you bring to the table
The ideal candidate is an experienced, passionate and proven leader who’s built and influenced high-performing processes and cultures at global, scaled organizations.
- Key member of Sojern’s Leadership Team
- Lead the Company’s People Operations Team (“People Ops”)
- Steward for developing/driving/maintaining a performance based culture in a hybrid environment
- Continue the momentum towards a “Best place to work” culture and environment by focusing on achieving best in class internal and external measures of employee satisfaction and culture (e.g. employee engagement scores, Glassdoor ratings etc.)
- Sojern’s executive sponsor for diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Develop, implement and drive best in class systems and process for all aspects of People Ops, including employee management; performance management; compensation & benefits; learning & development; and talent acquisition & retention
- Current on global industry trends/legislation that impact all aspects of the employee life cycle
- Work with Finance to develop and manage annual financial plans for People Ops
- BSc/MSc in Human Resources Management, Organizational Psychology or similar qualifications
- 15+ years of People Ops/Human Resource experience (with 3-5+ years leading a global People Ops function)
- Strong track record of building scalable global programs, processes and systems
- Proven leadership, collaboration and people management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Disciplined, focused, and solution oriented
- Strong foundational knowledge of global HR compliance, immigration and business regulations in the major markets of the Americas, EMEA and APAC
What we have for you:
- Flexi-Fridays: No internal meetings and shut down at Noon every Friday
- Flexibility: Remote and hybrid work options, so our team can enjoy flexibility and do their best work regardless of location
- Equity: Stock options are offered to every employee
- Tech: Monthly cell phone & wifi stipend provided, in addition to laptop and tech equipment for your home office
- Paid Parental Leave: 16 weeks pay for birthing parents and 12 weeks pay for non-birthing parents, beginning the day of joining until the child's first birthday. Where a local country has more liberal leave protocol, we happily comply! #embrace-inclusion
- Learning Opportunities: All employees receive a membership to LinkedIn Learning, plus you will have access to training and support to help you grow while leading creative and challenging projects
- Sojern Gives Back: We regularly organize office volunteer programs with local charities and organizations, as well as provide 40 hours of paid time per year to volunteer
- Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
- Travel Perks: IATA membership and personal travel “hotel stay” benefit
- Recognition: We use Bonusly to allow our team to recognize performance and teamwork #deliver-wow #win-as-a-team
- Wellbeing: We take a whole-person approach to your wellness with Spring Health mental health benefits, a Wellness Coach, and Employee Assistance Programs
- Paid Time Off: Unlimited PTO (we are a travel company, after all!)
- Healthcare: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents with healthy employer premium contributions
- Life and Disability: Life, AD&D and Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance with premiums 100% paid by Sojern
- Medical Travel: Travel expense coverage for when medical treatment is needed that is not available locally
- Retirement: 401k available with company profit sharing contributions
Our Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion:
At Sojern, we work to create a brave space that seeks out, embraces, and promotes diverse thoughts, beliefs, and experiences of Sojernistas globally.
We are building a workforce that represents the customer base we are serving and the world we live in. A diversified workforce is an innovative workforce. Just as there is no one archetype traveler, there is no one archetype employee. We foster diversity and inclusion across the company, actively seeking to amplify underrepresented voices and apply diverse perspectives to ensure products, policies, and programs are relevant for our employees and clients alike.
Embracing our differences and celebrating them moves us towards our goal of making travel inclusive of all. Sojern has over 15 employee-led Affinity Groups, including Embrace Inclusion, So-Proud, Sojern Women's Group, Sojern Gives Back, and more, which are the core of our culture, fostering belonging, inspiring learning, and creating opportunities for all Sojernistas across the globe.
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender orientation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.