Staff Software Engineer, Campaign Optimization
Engineering | Hybrid in San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Here at Sojern, we are on a mission to empower travel marketers to move travelers from dream to destination. Powered by machine learning and travel data, Sojern is quickly becoming the #1 travel marketing platform serving thousands of hotels, attractions, airlines and destinations worldwide.
We made Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 list 6 years in a row, were recognized on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine, and were named a Best Place to Work by AdAge. As a globally distributed company, we are headquartered in San Francisco with employees based in 14 countries and counting.
Our team is passionate about travel and the core values that define our culture: Win as a Team, Embrace Inclusion, Be Genuine, Deliver Wow, and Center Around the Customer.
Need more convincing? Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
About the Role:
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer, Campaign Optimization to help improve the efficiency, automation and performance of our targeting and optimization products.
Sojern’s Campaign Automation team is a cross-functional group of software engineers, applied scientists, and data scientists. We drive major impact for Sojern’s customers because we develop systems and platforms that optimize more than 20,000 digital advertising campaigns daily.
The software engineers on the team contribute to all technical aspects of Sojern’s core campaign optimization platform: complexity, scalability, approach to testing, approach to debugging, experimentation, metrics and monitoring, deployment etc. As a Staff Software Engineer, you will lead, architect and deliver next generation capabilities to our campaign optimization platform.
The Experience We’re Looking For:
- You have a MS in CS/EE or equivalent experience.
- You have 6+ years of software engineering experience or relevant experience.
- You have built systems on Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services infrastructure and have leveraged big data/streaming services like BigQuery, BigTable, Hadoop, Hbase or Kafka.
- You have deep production experience using Go or Java.
- You are a rock star when it comes to data structures and algorithms.
- You have led projects that required multiple contributors.
- Infrastructure tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform and Jenkins.
The Skills You Bring:
- You write high quality production code and can reason about algorithmic efficiency.
- You effectively communicate with data scientists, engineers and product managers.
- You use your grit and initiative to fill in gaps and drive projects to completion.
- You know how to make trade offs to create business impact.
- You thrive in the role of architect for a new project.
The Value You Deliver:
- You make meaningful, well-designed, reusable, efficient contributions to data-driven products.
- You mentor your collaborators and participate in code/design reviews.
- You partner with product managers to create requirements.
- You are accountable for product outcomes.
- You innovate in the context of trade-offs.
- You have outsized impact, helping Sojern deliver more bookings for our customers.
What we have for you:
- Flexi-Fridays: No internal meetings and shut down at Noon every Friday
- Flexibility: Remote and hybrid work options, so our team can enjoy flexibility and do their best work regardless of location
- Equity: Stock options are offered to every employee
- Tech: Monthly cell phone & wifi stipend provided, in addition to laptop and tech equipment for your home office
- Paid Parental Leave: 16 weeks pay for birthing parents and 12 weeks pay for non-birthing parents, beginning the day of joining until the child's first birthday. Where a local country has more liberal leave protocol, we happily comply! #embrace-inclusion
- Learning Opportunities: All employees receive a membership to LinkedIn Learning, plus you will have access to training and support to help you grow while leading creative and challenging projects
- Sojern Gives Back: We regularly organize office volunteer programs with local charities and organizations, as well as provide 40 hours of paid time per year to volunteer
- Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
- Travel Perks: IATA membership and personal travel “hotel stay” benefit
- Recognition: We use Bonusly to allow our team to recognize performance and teamwork #deliver-wow #win-as-a-team
- Wellbeing: We take a whole-person approach to your wellness with Spring Health mental health benefits, a Wellness Coach, and Employee Assistance Programs
- Paid Time Off: Unlimited PTO (we are a travel company, after all!)
- Healthcare: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents with healthy employer premium contributions
- Life and Disability: Life, AD&D and Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance with premiums 100% paid by Sojern
- Medical Travel: Travel expense coverage for when medical treatment is needed that is not available locally
- Retirement: 401k available with company profit sharing contributions
Our Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion:
At Sojern, we work to create a brave space that seeks out, embraces, and promotes diverse thoughts, beliefs, and experiences of Sojernistas globally.
We are building a workforce that represents the customer base we are serving and the world we live in. A diversified workforce is an innovative workforce. Just as there is no one archetype traveler, there is no one archetype employee. We foster diversity and inclusion across the company, actively seeking to amplify underrepresented voices and apply diverse perspectives to ensure products, policies, and programs are relevant for our employees and clients alike.
Embracing our differences and celebrating them moves us towards our goal of making travel inclusive of all. Sojern has over 15 employee-led Affinity Groups, including Embrace Inclusion, So-Proud, Sojern Women's Group, Sojern Gives Back, and more, which are the core of our culture, fostering belonging, inspiring learning, and creating opportunities for all Sojernistas across the globe.
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender orientation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.