Sr. Sales Director, Tourism EAST
Sales | New York, NY | Full Time
Sr. Sales Director, Tourism - East
We are looking for an experienced online advertising sales leader with demonstrated success working with DMOs and Tourism Attractions. The Sr. Sales Director will manage Sojern’s East Coast destinations and attractions partnerships and lead a high-caliber sales team. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in travel and digital media, with the ability to develop and execute business strategies that drive results. If you are someone who is looking to make immediate impact within a global organization, thrives in fast moving environment and is comfortable driving change both internally and externally, we want to work with you.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with one of the most forward thinking, collaborative and exciting companies in travel and work with a dynamic, experienced and fun team with laser focus on success. Sojern has been called "the most successful Big Data marketer in travel" and earned the “fastest growing travel technology company” distinction on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 list for the last 2 years in a row.
The position is full-time and the ideal candidate will be located in the Eastern US.
- Develop growth strategy and business planning for the East Coast tourism sales team
- Meet and exceed quarterly advertising sales revenue targets
- Inspire and motivate individual development of direct reports
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships with major DMOs & Attractions (client direct and agencies) and manage Sojern's largest and most strategic clients
- Deliver persuasive presentations and stories that demonstrate the value of Sojern to destination marketers and deliver strong ROI
- Effectively work cross-functionally across the organization
- Consistently provide thought leadership internally and externally
- 5+ years of successful Media/Data and Travel experience with 3+ years in sales management
- Established relationships and experience working with DMOs
- Inspiring senior leader who has a recognized track record of managing high performing sales teams and driving strategic and transformational change both internally and externally
- Works with a sense of urgency, understands the value of customer service
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively with other people and departments in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Entrepreneurial mind set which on one hand can think at strategic levels while on the other hand being comfortable rolling your sleeves up and taking tactical action
- Exceptional verbal, writing and presentation skills
- Proficiency in standard business and sales software, including SalesForce, PowerPoint, Excel, Gmail, etc.
- Ability to travel when needed to get the job done
- You love a good challenge but even more than that, you love winning
- You are great in crowds and making new friends is your second nature
- You demonstrate the ability to have fun in pressure situations
- You like to move fast and be bold
- Our benefits include stock options, unlimited time off; fantastic coworkers and 40 hours to dedicate to a charity of your choice every year.