Sr. Director Corporate Development
Legal | US REMOTE | Full Time
Here at Sojern, we are on a mission to empower travel marketers to move travelers from dream to destination. Powered by machine learning and travel data, Sojern is quickly becoming the #1 travel marketing platform serving thousands of hotels, attractions, airlines and destinations worldwide.
We made Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 list 6 years in a row, were recognized on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine, and were named a Best Place to Work by AdAge. As a globally distributed company, we are headquartered in San Francisco with employees based in 14 countries and counting.
Our team is passionate about travel and the core values that define our culture: Win as a Team, Embrace Inclusion, Be Genuine, Deliver Wow, and Center Around the Customer.
Need more convincing? Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
We are seeking a dynamic Corporate Development professional to join our Corporate Development team. Sojern’s Corporate Development team focuses on M&A, strategic opportunities and the development of our corporate strategy. This position offers a great opportunity to work closely with key executives and internal cross-functional stakeholders to assess and develop strategy to help direct Sojern’s growth.
- Analyze and understand Sojern’s strategic objectives, as well as industry trends to identify, recommend and pursue companies/technologies that can meet those objectives.
- Create strong personal networks with investment banking and sourcing contacts, management teams of potential targets.
- Meet with potential acquisition targets and create relationships with management teams and investors.
- Advise senior finance team members on preparing detailed financial projections, financial models and scenario analysis.
- Develop valuation models and prepare complete valuation analysis, incorporating trading comparables, transaction comparables, DCF and alternative valuation methods.
- Assist in the negotiation of deal terms and key legal agreements.
- Manage due diligence processes with internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the prioritization of corporate strategic initiatives
- Identify and educate executives on new, innovative technology trends and markets, and recommend high-potential acquisitions and investments
- Build relationships with internal cross-functional teams including product, commercial, management, engineering, finance and legal functions.
- 10+ years experience in a mix of venture capital, consulting, investment banking, strategy or corporate development roles in the technology industry; travel industry experience highly valued.
- Deal negotiation experience
- Demonstrated experience influencing and communicating effectively across all levels and teams across the organization
- Demonstrated analytical skills, fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation and other quantitative analyses
- Demonstrated understanding of technology with an acumen to engage with product and engineering leaders on tech roadmaps
Win as a Team
Center around the customer
What we have for you:
Flexi-Fridays: No internal meetings and shut down at Noon every Friday
Flexibility: Remote and hybrid work options, so our team can enjoy flexibility and do their best work regardless of location
Equity: Stock options are offered to every employee
Tech: Monthly cell phone & wifi stipend provided, in addition to laptop and tech equipment for your home office
Paid Parental Leave: 16 weeks pay for birthing parents and 12 weeks pay for non-birthing parents, beginning the day of joining until the child's first birthday. Where a local country has more liberal leave protocol, we happily comply! #embrace-inclusion
Learning Opportunities: All employees receive a membership to LinkedIn Learning, plus you will have access to training and support to help you grow while leading creative and challenging projects
Sojern Gives Back: We regularly organize office volunteer programs with local charities and organizations, as well as provide 40 hours of paid time per year to volunteer
Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
Travel Perks: IATA membership and personal travel “hotel stay” benefit
Recognition: We use Bonusly to allow our team to recognize performance and teamwork #deliver-wow #win-as-a-team
Wellbeing: We take a whole-person approach to your wellness with Spring Health mental health benefits, a Wellness Coach, and Employee Assistance Programs
Paid Time Off: Unlimited PTO (we are a travel company, after all!)
Healthcare: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents with healthy employer premium contributions
Life and Disability: Life, AD&D and Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance with premiums 100% paid by Sojern
Medical Travel: Travel expense coverage for when medical treatment is needed that is not available locally
Retirement: 401k available with company profit sharing contributions
Our Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion:
At Sojern, we work to create a brave space that seeks out, embraces, and promotes diverse thoughts, beliefs, and experiences of Sojernistas globally.
We are building a workforce that represents the customer base we are serving and the world we live in. A diversified workforce is an innovative workforce. Just as there is no one archetype traveler, there is no one archetype employee. We foster diversity and inclusion across the company, actively seeking to amplify underrepresented voices and apply diverse perspectives to ensure products, policies, and programs are relevant for our employees and clients alike.
Embracing our differences and celebrating them moves us towards our goal of making travel inclusive of all. Sojern has over 15 employee-led Affinity Groups, including Embrace Inclusion, So-Proud, Sojern Women's Group, Sojern Gives Back, and more, which are the core of our culture, fostering belonging, inspiring learning, and creating opportunities for all Sojernistas across the globe.
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender orientation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.