Site Reliability Engineering Manager
Technology | Dublin, Ireland | Full Time
Want to join a company on the cutting edge of technology and travel? Want to be part of a fantastic and fun company that’s revolutionizing the online travel advertising space?
Built on a decade of expertise analyzing the complete traveler path to purchase, Sojern drives travelers from dream to destination. The company delivered $13B in bookings for its clients to date by activating multi-channel branding and performance solutions on the Sojern Traveler Platform.
Recognized on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine, Sojern is headquartered in San Francisco, with teams based in Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, New York, Omaha, Paris, Singapore, Sydney, and Istanbul.
We are looking to hire a technical leader to join our Core Platform team and head up Sojern’s SRE team. Looking for someone with the presence, energy, positive attitude, and experience to drive the SRE function of our engineering team forward, thus enabling the acceleration of Sojern’s lead in the travel advertising space.
The Expertise We’re Looking For:
- Experience growing, mentoring, and managing a distributed SRE team
- Experience with putting together, prioritizing, and executing against our product roadmap while building and scaling consistent global infrastructure
- Experience working as a technical lead, building production quality, scalable solutions
- Excellent grasp of networking fundamentals
- Hands on experience building and running production systems on Google Cloud or AWS
- Hands on experience with Kubernetes
- At least 4+ years of growing and managing SRE/engineering teams
- At least 10 years of leading high-performance, scalable SRE projects end-to-end
- BS in CS or CS/EE, MS/PhD in CS or CS/EE preferred
The Skills You Bring:
- You have hands on experience with Python, Go, and Git
- You effectively communicate to teams across an organization, including leadership
- You excel at leading/mentoring teams and providing technical direction
- You have a record of shepherding large projects from ideation to completion
- You can independently solve technical challenges, analyzing options and innovating in the context of trade-offs
- You know how to balance business priority with engineering priority
- You have experience in working with broader eng team to put together SRE roadmap
- You have experience with evangelizing SRE projects
The Value You Deliver:
- Providing technical direction and feedback
- Proposing and driving innovation that is aligned with the business goals
- Evangelizing new technologies and processes
- Actively participating in code/design reviews
- Writing code when appropriate
- Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
- Snacks: Variety of snacks in the office
- Opportunities: Be part of a growing team with training and support to help you grow
- Give Back: We give 40 hours a year to volunteer and organize office volunteer programs with local organizations
- Ownership: Lead innovative and challenging projects
- Competitive Localized Benefits
- IATA travel discount
- Time off: 25 vacation days per annum
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.