Senior Manager FP&A or FP&A Manager
Finance | OMAHA, NE | Full Time
Want to join a company on the cutting edge of technology and travel?
Sojern provides digital marketing solutions for the travel industry. Powered by artificial intelligence and traveler intent data, Sojern activates multi-channel marketing solutions to drive direct demand. More than 10,000 hotels, attractions, tourism boards and travel marketers rely on Sojern to engage and convert travelers around the world.
Sojern made Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 list 6 years in a row, was recognized on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine and named a Best Place to Work by AdAge. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, with teams based in Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, Omaha, Paris, and Singapore.
Need more convincing that Sojern is a great place to work? Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
We are looking for a corporate FP&A professional who can also partner with our G&A and Solutions (Product/Engineering) Functions. The person in this role works closely with senior leaders, responsible for financial planning, budgeting & forecasting, management and Board reporting, and other key corporate finance functions. In addition, you will lead the consolidation and reporting of the P&L forecast and own balance sheet and statement of cash flow forecasting. This role is an essential part of the FP&A team and reports to the VP of Finance.
- FP&A business partner supporting all key finance functions such as: Planning, Weekly Forecasting, Budgeting, Financial Modeling, ad hoc Financial Analysis & Analytics, Financial dashboarding and KPIs
- Forecast the Balance Sheet, Cash flows and consolidation/reporting of our P&L forecast in Adaptive Insights / Adaptive Planning / Office Connect
- Forecast headcount, T&E and other expenses for business partners.
- Analyze financial information and provide analytical support to senior management outlining impacts to weekly forecast changes
- Be able to provide clear advice on commercial strategy based on a sound analysis and understanding of likely financial impacts
- Assist with preparation of Board Materials and other management reporting materials
- Continuously identify opportunities to automate and streamline processes to reduce cycle time in all Financial Planning and Reporting Processes (Standardization and Simplification)
- Successfully develop strong working relationships across the business and finance organizations including but not limited to: Finance, Legal, People Operations, Marketing, Product and Engineering
- Drive Adaptive enhancement, reporting, adoption, and integration with other systems across the organization
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably within a finance concentration (Accounting, Business, Economics, Statistics, etc.). CPA / MBA a plus. Requires deep understanding of accounting (not just finance)
- 4-7 years of FP&A experience with a fast growing company
- To succeed in this Corporate FP&A role, you must have experience forecasting a balance sheet and balance sheet items and consolidating results and subsidiaries; this is not a business-unit FP&A role where you just forecast revenues and expenses
- Prior business partner experience and proven project management skills
- Excel pro with systematic, database approach to modeling
- Collaborative and creative problem solver. This is currently a sole-contributor position, but you will need to interact and develop relationships with leaders and execs around the company
- Outstanding oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and can prove it with facts and figures
- Desire to be a part of an exceptional team that is scaling a growing business
- Experience with our financial systems (NetSuite & Adaptive) and Tableau is a plus
- Opportunities: Be part of a growing team with training and support to help you grow
- Ownership: Lead creative and challenging projects
- Give Back: We give 40 hours a year to volunteer and organize office volunteer programs with local organizations
- Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
- Competitive Localized Benefits
- IATA Travel Discount
- Time Off: Flexible vacation days
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender orientation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.