Senior Data Science Engineer
Technology | Dublin, Ireland | Full Time
At Sojern, our goal is to show the right travel ad at the right time to the right traveler. We build smart digital advertising products for the travel industry, powered by machine learning, data science and real-time traveler data.
Our customers are hotels, attractions and tourism boards, and they use Sojern’s products to build direct relationships with travelers across social, mobile and the web. Now, more than ever, our thousands of customers rely on Sojern to drive visits, bookings, and ticket sales by engaging with travelers as they plan their travel.
Sojern has a values-driven company culture. The keys to our culture are a relentless focus on the customer, authentic communication, and collaboration to win as a team. We encourage work-life balance by supporting flexibility around where you work and when you work so you have the time you need to be healthy and safe.
About the Team:
The Data Science Engineering team at Sojern develops systems to optimize advertising campaigns, defines new methods for measuring advertising performance, and applies machine learning at scale for thousands of customers. Example projects include:
- Bayesian statistics and supervised learning to model conversion rates and revenue
- Thompson sampling and linear programming to balance campaign objectives
- Stratified sampling and power analysis to run controlled experiments
- Deep learning with Tensorflow/Kubeflow to model a traveler’s propensity to book
And as a part of engineering, we own the full data product life-cycle: from analysis and prototyping to production component development.
We are looking for a Senior Data Science Engineer to drive data science impact.
The Experience We’re Looking For:
- You have hands-on experience building production-level ML and data products.
- You have expert-level understanding of data science topics.
- You have at least two years experience as a data scientist and preferably one year of experience within the Ad Tech ecosystem.
- You have an MS or PhD in computer science or a quantitative discipline, or equivalent experience.
The Skills You Bring:
- You write production code in Python, and can reason about algorithmic efficiency.
- You effectively communicate with data scientists, engineers and product managers.
- You work independently to solve data science challenges.
- You use your grit and initiative to fill in gaps and drive projects to completion.
The Value You Deliver:
- You drive technical impact by making meaningful, well-designed, reusable, efficient contributions to data-driven products.
- You mentor and participate in code/design reviews.
- You partner with product managers to improve requirements.
- You innovate in the context of trade-offs.
Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
Opportunities: Be part of a growing team with training and support to help you grow
Give Back: We give 40 hours a year to volunteer and organize office volunteer programs with local organizations
Competitive Localized Benefits
Ownership: Lead creative and challenging projects
IATA travel discount
Time off: 25 vacation days per annum plus national public holidays
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.