Finance | Omaha, NE | Full Time
Want to join a company on the cutting edge of technology and travel? Want to be part of a fantastic and fun company that’s revolutionizing the online travel advertising space?
Specializing in traveler path-to-purchase data for over a decade, Sojern is travel's direct demand engine for thousands of brands -- from global enterprises to boutique operators -- across the hotel, airline, cruise, transportation, tourism industries, and more. Analyzing the world's travel intent signals with its proprietary data science methods, the company delivered $10B in generated bookings for its clients to date by activating multi-channel branding and performance solutions on the Sojern Traveler Platform.
Recognized on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine, Sojern is headquartered in San Francisco, with teams based in Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, New York, Omaha, Paris, Singapore, and Sydney.
The Sojern Accounting Team is looking for a driven, dynamic Senior Accountant to join our fast-growing travel marketing technology company. This position will report into the Director of Accounting based in Omaha. The Accounting Team performs critical, backbone functions that support the Company as it continues to grow and scale internationally. The Accounting Team is constantly innovating, looking for process enhancements, and opportunities to grow efficiencies; we are a collaborative team, looking to drive results and enjoy our work.
- Improve the flow and efficiency to close month end, including processing journal entries and various account reconciliations.
- Perform assigned account reconciliations monthly and coordinate quarterly.
- Participate in the accounts payable, procurement, and expense reporting processes, including reviewing entries for accuracy, auditing, and reporting against budget.
- Identify accounting problems, research possible solutions and summarize conclusions to present to Manager.
- Assist in monthly inter-company reconciliations, consolidation accounting and related inter-company eliminations.
- Prepare and/or review sales & use tax filings.
- Assist with income tax provision preparation, filing coordination, paying estimates, and reconciliations.
- Prepare and support R&D tax credit analyses and transfer price report preparation.
- Support international accounting functions, including exposure to foreign exchange and intercompany accounting.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and drive implementation of the solutions, especially with system configurations on the horizon.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise for your process areas and help plan for a potential system transition.
- Assist in annual audit by external auditors.
- Adhoc financial analysis and project management responsibilities.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting and/or Finance or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 5 years minimum experience required.
- Experience with NetSuite desired.
- Public Accounting experience a plus.
- Critical thinking, with a strategic approach to problem solving.
- An extremely high sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Enjoyment of dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- The ability to manage multiple competing priorities and to constantly re-prioritize.
- Meticulous attention to details in a complex process.
- Opportunities: Be part of a growing team with training and support to help you grow
- Ownership: Lead creative and challenging projects
- Give Back: We give 40 hours a year to volunteer and organize office volunteer programs with local organizations
- Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
- Snacks: Variety of snacks in the office
- Meals: Monthly catered lunches & happy hours
- Competitive Localized Benefits
- Time Off: Flexible vacation days
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.