Senior Account Manager - UK / Hotels
Commercial Team | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Senior Account Manager - UK / Hotels
Commercial Team | London, UK | Full Time
Want to join a company on the cutting edge of technology and travel? Want to be part of a fantastic and fun company that’s revolutionising the online travel advertising space?
Specialising in traveller path-to-purchase data for over a decade, Sojern is travel's direct demand engine for thousands of brands -- from global enterprises to boutique operators -- across the hotel, airline, cruise, transportation, tourism industries, and more. Analysing the world's travel intent signals with its proprietary data science methods, the company delivered $10B in generated bookings for its clients to date by activating multi-channel branding and performance solutions on the Sojern Traveller Platform.
Recognised on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine, Sojern is headquartered in San Francisco, with teams based in Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, New York, Omaha, Paris, Singapore, and Sydney.
Sojern is looking for a Senior Account Manager to join our London-based Commercial team, overseeing two direct reports. In this role you, and your team, will be responsible for the day-to-day management and development of existing UK agency and client-direct accounts.
If you’re an organised, analytical, customer-centric guy or gal, with an agency or hotel background, who is excited to play a key role in the commercial growth and success of a regional business unit, then the Senior Account Manager role at Sojern is for you!
- Proactively manage the day-to-day activity across your patch of agency and hotel clients, identifying growth and upsell opportunities that contribute to regional revenue targets
- Coordinate with sales, ad operations and external clients to ensure campaigns are successfully launched and meet client’s goals
- Provide strategic and tactical service and brainstorm new ideas and concepts to wow potential clients and grow existing client-base
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of accounts, analysing and interpreting performance data to provide optimisation recommendations and client facing reporting
- Partner closely with internal teams on day-to-day operational processes and larger, high-impact strategic improvements—with special focus on our business run out of London
- This is a client-facing role and requires commercial acumen to play the role of educator, specialist and thought leadership in audience targeting, data management and programmatic buying
- Provide coaching and mentoring to direct reports, peers and new hires
- Proactively drive idea generation and innovation to improve tools, process and our offering for clients
- Position yourself as leader within the broader Sojern team through presentation, sharing of best practices and challenging the status quo.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field. (Accounting, Marketing, Communications, or Finance a plus)
- Extensive client services/ account management experience in one or more of the following: global advertising agency, or demand side platform, with an exposure to global hotel-chain clients
- Strong working knowledge of online advertising technology including ad server technologies and DSPs
- Experience delivering to a commercial target whilst being able to provide sound reporting and data interpretation to clients
- Experience working in and across multiple international regions
- Ability to present concepts, influence and gain support at the senior level of an organization
- Demonstrated leadership and innovation capabilities
- Previous experience in hiring, managing a team, employee development and team building is preferred but not required
- Great time management and organizational skills
- Willing to wear multiple hats and roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Great with people – ability to coordinate and work with multiple internal and external teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including public presentation / client facing experience and an ability to convey complex issues clearly and concisely
- Meticulously detail-oriented, exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage team and projects
- Culture: Our team loves a good time
- Snacks: Well-stocked kitchen to fill your breakfast and snack needs
- Opportunities: Be part of a growing team with training and support to help you grow
- Give Back: We give 40 hours a year to volunteer and organise office volunteer programs with local organizations
- Ownership: Lead creative and challenging projects
- Wealth: Stock options
Closing date: 25th May 2018
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.