Sales Director, Tourism WEST
Sales | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We are looking for an outgoing, fun and experienced online advertising sales professional with demonstrated success developing, managing and growing a book of DMO business. The Sales Director on our tourism team will manage Sojern’s destination and attractions partnerships and grow advertising revenue on the west coast. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in travel, smart, competitive, and be a strategic thinker with the ability to seriously multi-task, travel when needed and work on all aspects of the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved with one of the most forward thinking, collaborative and exciting companies in travel. Sojern has been called "the most successful Big Data marketer in travel" and earned the fastest growing travel technology company distinction on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500.
The position is full-time and the ideal candidate will be located in Southern California, or San Francisco.
- Grow current book of DMO and attractions business while simultaneously closing new accounts
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships internally as well as with major DMOs (client direct and agencies)
- Deliver persuasive presentations and stories that demonstrate the value of Sojern to destination marketers and deliver strong ROI
- Meet and exceed quarterly sales revenue targets (must have fun while doing this)
- Keeps a positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Minimum of 3 years in online ad sales with established relationships and experience working with DMOs
- Self-motivated and exhibits strong self-management
- Works with a sense of urgency and is competitive
- Understands the value of customer service and communication
- Outstanding organization skills and a relationship-first sales personality
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively with other people and departments in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Exceptional verbal, writing and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in standard business and sales software, including SalesForce, PowerPoint, Excel, Gmail, etc
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- You're all around pretty awesome
- You are great in crowds and have no issues with building relationships from scratch
- Our benefits include stock options, unlimited time off and 40 hours to dedicate to a charity of your choice. We pride ourselves on a fast-moving, open and collaborative culture.