Sales Director APAC - Airline Vertical
Sales | Singapore, Singapore | Full Time
Sojern’s robust audience engagement platform is powered by machine-learning technology, enhanced programmatic buying (real-time bidding) and unique data insights from over 60 data providers including airlines, meta-search sites and OTA’s. More than 350M traveller profiles, billions of intent data points and a powerful platform enable us to capture, curate and activate data to drive awareness, conversions and loyalty specifically for the travel sector.
From these exclusive data assets, we create custom travel audience profiles and segments that are focused on meeting our customers’ specific advertising objectives. Each audience is unique in its make up and tuned to achieve optimal performance – for branding, direct response or a combination of both via a number of different digital channels and formats.
Venture backed by several of Silicon Valley’s leading VCs, Sojern has experienced significant year on year growth in the UA and has been expanding internationally since opening offices in London in January 2013, Singapore in January 2015 and Dubai in April 2015.
The Sojern APAC team, based out of our Singapore office, has been developing at a phenomenal rate since it’s formation in January 2015 and as part of our continued expansion in 2016 we are looking to appoint a senior level Sales Director to lead our development in the airline vertical across the region.
Sojern is seeking an experienced business-to-business sales and marketing professional with demonstrated success developing, growing and managing an online advertising business within the Travel and Digital Marketing industries. The Sales Director will manage the development of Sojern’s existing key clients, including major worldwide and regional airlines, as well as initiating and developing new business in emerging markets with legacy airlines and low cost carriers. The ideal candidate will be a strategic, creative thinker with the ability to work cross functionally to develop scalable advertising product solutions for the category and assist in bringing these solutions to market via relevant relationships and superb selling skills. They must have good consultative sales experience, strong analytical skills, presentation and public speaking experience and a strong understanding of display advertising, programmatic buying and the digital advertising industry. Experience in travel distribution, specifically within the airline sector, with appropriate contacts is a prerequisite for this role.
- Play a key role in developing and managing the holistic advertising business for a number of brands across the airline vertical.
- Operate at a senior level with both direct clients and agencies to provide support to the existing sales team to develop stronger relationships with key accounts.
- Work cross-functionally with International Leadership, product teams and EMEA and US counterparts to develop relevant products and solutions for key client targets and their agencies.
- Guide the creation of persuasive presentations and stories that demonstrate the value of Sojern to target marketers in the vertical.
- Meet agreed revenue targets
- Work closely with the in house Account Management and Analyst teams to ensure the optimisation and optimum delivery of campaigns.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage
- 8-10+ Years experience in developing multi-faceted, data-driven marketing and digital advertising solutions.
- Business experience in the online travel industry with appropriate experience, digital contacts within the airline sector are essential, preferably also with a solid understanding of programmatic advertising.
- Ideally extensive B2B marketing and/or sales experience in the travel distribution and marketing space.
- Self-motivated; exhibits strong self-management and sense of urgency. • Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively with a cross-departmental team.
- Exceptional writing and presentation creation skills.
- Exceptional MS PowerPoint skills.
- An additional Asian language would be desirable.
- Ability to travel 2-3 times per quarter on average across the APAC region and to the US and Europe on occasions.
- Culture: Our team loves a good time
- Snacks: Well-stocked kitchen to fill your breakfast, lunch, and snack needs
- Opportunities: Be part of a growing team with training and support to help you grow
- Ownership: Lead creative and challenging projects
- Meals: Monthly catered lunches & happy hours
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.