Regional Sales Manager, EMEA
Sales | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Want to join a company on the cutting edge of technology and travel? Want to be part of a fantastic and fun company that’s revolutionizing the online travel advertising space?
Specializing in traveler path-to-purchase data for over a decade, Sojern is travel's direct demand engine for thousands of brands -- from global enterprises to boutique operators -- across the hotel, airline, cruise, transportation, tourism industries, and more. Analyzing the world's travel intent signals with its proprietary data science methods, the company delivered $10B in generated bookings for its clients to date by activating multi-channel branding and performance solutions on the Sojern Traveler Platform.
Recognized on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine, Sojern is headquartered in San Francisco, with teams based in Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, New York, Omaha, Paris, Singapore, and Sydney.
Sojern is seeking an experienced online hotel distribution and advertising sales professional with demonstrated success developing, managing and growing a book of business. The Regional Sales Manager will primarily manage Sojern’s development and monetization of hotel accounts by selling online advertising & Sojern’s RevDirect commissionable program, utilising unique data from our multitude of travel partners. The position is full-time and the candidate should be based in London, England with a track record of promoting solutions for the marketing & distribution needs of hotels.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic, creative thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally to develop scalable advertising solutions for their clients and assist in bringing these solutions to market. They must have exceptional presentation skills and an understanding of online advertising (display, search engine marketing, meta-search), audience targeting and big data applications. Prior experience in providing customers online travel and hotel related products and service will be an asset. Experience working with independent hotels, hotel groups and key hotel brands strongly preferred for the region of United Kingdom and Ireland and other key gateway cities across EMEA.
- Play a lead role in developing, managing and growing a strong customer base of hotels for Sojern's Property Solutions team.
- Work cross-functionally with Account Management, Marketing and Product teams to develop relevant advertising/marketing programmes for key clients, prospects and their agencies.
- Deliver persuasive presentations and stories that demonstrate the value of Sojern and drive customer conversion by phone, email and some face to face meetings.
- Meet and exceed aggressive and growing sales targets on a semi-annual basis.
- High degree of proactive sales ability in lead generation and prospecting.
- Consultative customer service approach to the hotel industry.
- Some travel.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, start-up environment.
- 60% of role is office based in London
- This role will report into the Regional Sales Director, EMEA
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Previous experience in the online hotel distribution or hospitality sales
- Hotel revenue management experience desired
- Minimum of five years post-college workplace experience including lead generation, sales and account management, preferably with a consultative sales background.
- Self-motivated; exhibits strong self-management and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively with other people and departments in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in standard business and sales software, including Outlook/Gmail, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and SalesForce.
- Culture: Our team loves a good time
- Opportunities: Be part of a growing team with training and support to help you grow
- Give Back: We give 40 hours a year to volunteer and organize office volunteer programs with local organizations
- Ownership: Lead innovative and challenging projects
- Wealth: Stock options
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.