Regional Sales Director, Central Europe
Commercial Team | Remote, Germany | Full Time
Want to join a company on the cutting edge of technology and travel? Want to be part of a fantastic and fun company that’s revolutionizing the online travel advertising space?
Are you ready for your next move into Regional Sales Directorship?
Have you a background in the Ad tech or Travel industry?
Specializing in traveler path-to-purchase data for over a decade, Sojern is travel's direct demand engine for thousands of brands -- from global enterprises to boutique operators -- across the hotel, airline, cruise, transportation, tourism industries, and more. Analyzing the world's travel intent signals with its proprietary data science methods, the company delivered $10B in generated bookings for its clients to date by activating multi-channel branding and performance solutions on the Sojern Traveler Platform.
Recognized on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine, Sojern is headquartered in San Francisco, with teams based in Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, New York, Omaha, Paris, Singapore, Sydney, and Istanbul.
Sojern is seeking an experienced business to business sales and marketing professional with demonstrated success in developing, growing and managing a digital advertising business. Experience in digital and programmatic advertising is essential and additional experience within the online travel industry is desirable.
The regional director will be responsible for defining the go-to-market strategy in collaboration with the commercial director, Europe. The candidate will also drive the acquisition and retention of new clients as well as the development of Sojern’s existing client base within Germany, Austria, Switzerland, primarily but also in Eastern European and Nordics where Sojern is not much present yet.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic, creative thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally to develop scalable advertising product solutions for the category and assist in bringing these solutions to market via relevant relationships and superb selling skills.
The right candidate must have some management experience, strong analytical skills, presentation and public speaking experience and a strong understanding of display and programmatic advertising. Experience within the DACH markets is a pre-requisite for the role. The candidate could either be based in London or Berlin.
- Play a key role in creating, developing and managing the holistic advertising business across the central Europe region , primarily DACH markets.
- Operate at a mid to senior level and develop strategic relationships with both direct clients and agencies.
- Work cross-functionally with other members of the EU Sales team.
- Work closely with the in-house Account Management team to ensure the optimisation and optimum delivery of campaigns.
- Guide the creation of persuasive presentations and stories that demonstrate the value of Sojern to target marketers within the Central EU region.
- Meet agreed revenue targets
- Mentor and manage more junior team members at a later stage as the role grows.
What you bring to the table:
- 10+ Years experience in developing multi-faceted, data-driven marketing and digital advertising solutions.
- Business experience in the DACH markets, strong digital marketing contacts and a solid understanding of performance marketing, RTB/SEM etc.
- Self-motivated; exhibits strong self-management and sense of urgency.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively with a cross-departmental team.
- Exceptional writing and presentation creation skills.
- Exceptional MS PowerPoint skills.
- Native German Speaker.
- Depending on the candidate’s location (London or Berlin), ability to travel 1 to 2 weeks a month on average across the DACH region, to the UK and to the US on occasions.
- Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
- Opportunities: Be part of a growing team with training and support to help you grow
- Snacks: Well-stocked kitchen
- Give Back: We give 40 hours a year to volunteer and organize office volunteer programs with local organizations
- Competitive Localized Benefits
- Ownership: Lead creative and challenging projects
- Time off: 25 vacation days per annum plus national public holidays
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.