Market Sales Manager, UK
Sales | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Want to join a company on the cutting edge of technology and travel? Want to be part of a fantastic and fun company that’s revolutionizing the online travel advertising space?
Specializing in traveler path-to-purchase data for over a decade, Sojern is travel's direct demand engine for thousands of brands -- from global enterprises to boutique operators -- across the hotel, airline, cruise, transportation, tourism industries, and more. Analyzing the world's travel intent signals with its proprietary data science methods, the company delivered $10B in generated bookings for its clients to date by activating multi-channel branding and performance solutions on the Sojern Traveler Platform.
Recognized on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine, Sojern is headquartered in San Francisco, with teams based in Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, New York, Omaha, Paris, Singapore, and Sydney.
If you want to…
Be at the forefront of digital advertising, data and hospitality
Make an impact and be the first Market Sales Manager, Property Solutions in our London office
… Then keep reading.
The Sales Manager will primarily manage Sojern’s development and monetization of hotel accounts by selling online advertising & Sojern’s RevDirect commissionable program, utilising unique data from our multitude of travel partners. The position is full-time and the candidate should be based in London, England with a track record of promoting solutions for the marketing & distribution needs of hotels.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic, creative thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally to develop scalable advertising solutions for their clients and assist in bringing these solutions to market. They must have exceptional presentation skills and an understanding of online advertising (display, search engine marketing, meta-search), audience targeting and big data applications. Prior experience in providing customers online travel and hotel related products and service will be an asset.
The position will be reporting into the Regional Sales Director, EMEA.
- Initiate, develop and maintain your own portfolio of UK based hotels for Sojern's Property Solutions.
- Demonstrate high degree of proactive sales ability in lead generation and prospecting.
- Engage qualified leads onto our RevDirect platform by leveraging your network.
- Drive customer conversion by phone, email and face to face meetings (60% phone/emails, 40% client facing).
- Deliver persuasive presentations and stories that demonstrate the value of Sojern, by positioning our advertising solutions in a clear and concise manner.
- Communicate proactively and work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and externally with clients throughout signup process.
- Meet and exceed ambitious sales targets (primarily new business) to achieve our business goals.
What you bring to the table:
- 5 years sales experience within the online hotel distribution (Eg.: Market Manager within OTA, meta search, booking engines, 3rd party providers) or hospitality (sales, revenue management).
- You have an existing book of business among UK hotels.
- Experience in business development with proven track record of carrying your own revenue targets.
- Strong sales experience from prospecting to closing (lead generation, cold calling, pitching, client facing meetings).
- Self-motivated; exhibits strong self-management and accountability.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively with other people and departments in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in standard business and sales software, including Outlook/Gmail, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and SalesForce.
- Culture: Our team loves a good time.
- Opportunities: Be part of a growing team with training and support to help you grow.
- Give Back: We give 40 hours a year to volunteer and organize office volunteer programs with local organizations.
- Wealth: Stock options.
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.