General Manager, Americas
Sales | Omaha, NE | Full Time
Sojern is travel's leading data-driven performance marketing engine and serves thousands of travel brands worldwide. The Sojern Traveler Platform — including 350 million audience profiles, billions of traveler intent signals, custom data science and campaign optimization algorithms — finds, engages, and converts travelers across online and mobile channels, and the entire path-to-purchase. Sojern drove over $3B in incremental bookings in 2015, and is constantly evolving to deliver unique, holistic solutions that meet the digital advertising needs of the world’s largest travel brands. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, with key offices in Dubai, Dublin, London, New York, Omaha, and Singapore, and clients in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.sojern.com.
Sojern is seeking an experienced sales and client services professional with demonstrated success in developing, managing and growing an organization to exceed sales and retention goals. The America’s General Manager will be responsible for inspiring and nurturing a growing team of inside & outside sales executives and account managers who directly serve independent and individual hotel properties across North and South America with digital advertising solutions that help in driving direct demand for their property.
The ideal candidate will be a proven sales leader with a background in customer/client service in a global SaaS business. They must be a strategic, creative thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally. They must have exceptional presentation skills and a basic understanding of display advertising, audience targeting, and big data applications. Prior experience in key advertiser categories—including Online Travel, Hotel, Financial Services, Entertainment related products and services—will be an asset. Experience working with key brands and independent hotels strongly preferred.
- Play the lead role in developing, managing and growing a team of 50+ sales and account management professionals.
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing and Product teams to develop relevant advertising/marketing programs for key clients, prospects and their agencies.
- Partner with Finance to develop weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts for the Americas region.
- Meet and exceed aggressive and growing sales targets on a semi-annual basis.
- Partner with Sales Operations to ensure alignment on reporting, compensation, training and productivity tool requirements.
- Responsible for driving a best-in-class winning culture in the Omaha office and across the Americas Property Solutions organization.
- Some travel including the occasional trade show/event.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of ten years’ post-college workplace experience including account management, preferably, with a consultative sales background
- Self-motivated; exhibits strong self-management and a sense of urgency.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work effectively with other people and departments in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in standard business and sales software, including Outlook/Gmail, PowerPoint, Excel, Word and SalesForce.
- Culture: Our team loves a good time
- Opportunities: Be part of a growing team with training and support to help you grow
- Give Back: We give 40 hours a year to volunteer and organize office volunteer programs with local organizations
- Ownership: Lead innovative and challenging projects
- Wealth: Stock options
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.