Finance Associate, EMEA
Finance | London, United Kingdom | Full Time
Finance Associate - London
Sojern has been called "the most successful Big Data marketer in travel" and earned the fastest growing travel technology company distinction on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500. Sojern delivers to travel suppliers the most efficient marketing, distribution, monetization and insight solutions at scale. Sojern is a rapidly growing, VC-funded company with offices in San Francisco, Omaha, New York and London.
The London office, based in vibrant Soho Square, is the centre for our booming European, Middle East and Asian operations.
Welcome to our fast-moving, open and collaborative culture.
- Work with U.S. corporate accounting staff, local account management group and third-party accounting service provider (Radius) to prepare and distribute monthly customer invoices. Distribution must be quick and accurate and will involve VAT calculations and multiple countries.
- Own collection of receivables for Europe, Middle East and Asia. Coordinate with advertising agencies and customers directly via email and phone as well as with sales and account management team members in the office. Hit collections goals.
- Various other general accounting tasks including accounts payable, account reconciliations and other support as requested from the U.S. corporate accounting staff.
- Assist Sojern International Managing Director in establishment of new operations in Dubai, Singapore and potentially beyond.
- Assist Sojern International Managing Director with ad hoc financial analysis.
- Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 4 years billing and accounting experience.
- Experience with US GAAP a plus.
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Strong Excel and Gmail skills a must.
- An outstanding focus on achieving a high level of customer service and organization.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks with little or no supervision.
- Desire to be a part of an exceptional team that is scaling a growing business.
- Track record of achieving goals.
- Experience with Quickbooks or Intact.
- You like to learn, you learn quickly and you love change and your work experience proves it.
Competitive salary, stock options and healthcare benefits