Engineering | Hybrid in Dublin, Ireland | Full Time
Want to join a company on the cutting edge of technology and travel?
Here at Sojern, we are on a mission to empower travel marketers to move travelers from dream to destination. Powered by machine learning and travel data, Sojern is quickly becoming the #1 travel marketing platform serving thousands of hotels, attractions, airlines and destinations worldwide.
We made Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 list 6 years in a row, were recognized on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine, and were named a Best Place to Work by AdAge. We are headquartered in San Francisco with teams based in Dubai, Dublin, London, Paris, Omaha and Singapore.
Our team is passionate about travel and the core values that define our culture: Win as a team, Embrace Inclusion, Be Genuine, Deliver Wow, and Center Around the Customer.
Need more convincing that Sojern is a great place to work? Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
Join the platform engineering team and help make an impact on Sojern’s bottom line. Each engineer in the team owns highly visible revenue producing features of our Sojern Travel Platform.
You will lead a very motivated and high performing full stack engineering team who are highly skilled in web technologies and can effortlessly work across the entire stack of our product. You will collaborate with other engineering teams and a host of cross functional groups such as Product, Data Science, SRE and Ops teams to deliver high performance and a large scale Sojern Travel Platform to support the entire Audience and Campaign Lifecycle Management.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a Software Engineering team in Dublin and to work with other geographically distributed teams. An ideal candidate will be someone who is an experienced technical leader and an empathetic people manager. Ideally, they can leverage their prior Ad Tech or Marketing Technology experience, be a hands-on contributor, recruit quickly and manage a team of high caliber software engineers, and take on and lead large projects, from inception to completion.
You are a hands-on technical leader with experience managing direct reports. You are an effective communicator and a strong collaborator across teams globally. You have a record of shepherding critical projects from ideation to completion. You are able to identify and balance business and engineering priorities. You can independently solve technical challenges, analyzing options and innovating in the context of trade-offs.
- Lead and mentor your direct reports while raising the bar on the team’s discipline and technical excellence
- Provide technical direction and guidance in the execution of the Platform applications
- Lead scrum pods focusing on building key platform capabilities around campaign management and audience creation
- Propose and drive innovation that is aligned with the business goals
- Evangelize new technologies and best-in-class software engineering processes
- Actively participate in code/design reviews
- Be hands-on to get projects off the ground or drive them to completion
- Ability to deal with complex systems while helping the rest of the team navigate ambiguity in requirements
What you bring to the table:
- 2+ years of leading and growing engineering teams, including managing complex projects in Jira
- 8+ years of developing high-performance, scalable software projects end-to-end using the latest frontend and backend technologies as an individual contributor
- Hands on experience designing and developing web components using Java script frameworks, and backend cloud technologies
- Experience in developing web services such as REST, gRPC, GraphQL or any such API frameworks
- Hands on experience building and running production systems on public cloud platforms such as Google Cloud or AWS
- Experience working on both SQL and NoSQL databases
- Exposure to cloud deployments such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Nice to have - 3+ years of experience within the Ad Tech ecosystem
- Flexi-Fridays: No internal meetings and shut down at Noon every Friday
- Flexibility: Remote and hybrid work options, so our team can enjoy flexibility and do their best work regardless of location
- Equity: Stock options are offered to every employee
- Tech: Monthly cell phone & wifi stipend provided, in addition to laptop and tech equipment for your home office
- Paid Parental Leave: 16 weeks pay for birthing parents and 12 weeks pay for non-birthing parents, beginning the day of joining until the child's first birthday. Where a local country has more liberal leave protocol, we happily comply! #embrace-inclusion
- Learning Opportunities: All employees receive a membership to LinkedIn Learning, plus you will have access to training and support to help you grow while leading creative and challenging projects
- Sojern Gives Back: We regularly organize office volunteer programs with local charities and organizations, as well as provide 40 hours of paid time per year to volunteer
- Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
- Travel Perks: IATA membership and personal travel “hotel stay” benefit
- Recognition: We use Bonusly to allow our team to recognize performance and teamwork #deliver-wow #win-as-a-team
- Wellbeing: We take a whole-person approach to your wellness with Spring Health mental health benefits, a Wellness Coach, and Employee Assistance Programs
Our Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion:
At Sojern, we work to create a brave space that seeks out, embraces, and promotes diverse thoughts, beliefs, and experiences of Sojernistas globally.
We are building a workforce that represents the customer base we are serving and the world we live in. A diversified workforce is an innovative workforce. Just as there is no one archetype traveler, there is no one archetype employee. We foster diversity and inclusion across the company, actively seeking to amplify underrepresented voices and apply diverse perspectives to ensure products, policies, and programs are relevant for our employees and clients alike.
Embracing our differences and celebrating them moves us towards our goal of making travel inclusive of all. Sojern has over 15 employee-led Affinity Groups, including Embrace Inclusion, So-Proud, Sojern Women's Group, Sojern Gives Back, and more, which are the core of our culture, fostering belonging, inspiring learning, and creating opportunities for all Sojernistas across the globe.
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.