Director / Senior PR Manager
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Want to join a company on the cutting edge of technology and travel? Want to be part of a fantastic, fun, and collaborative team?
Sojern has been called "the most successful Big Data marketer in travel" and earned the fastest growing travel technology company distinction on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500. As the world’s leading data-driven traveler engagement platform, Sojern delivers the most efficient marketing, distribution, monetization and insight solutions at scale. Since 2007, we have been helping 600+ top brands more efficiently and meaningfully engage with travelers to drive conversions, loyalty, and monetization.
Sojern is a well-funded and privately held company with offices throughout the world. We pride ourselves on a fast-moving, open and collaborative culture.
We are looking for a strong and experienced writer and PR superstar in San Francisco to drive Sojern's story globally. You will develop and drive our PR and thought leadership strategies through traditional and new media channels, online influencer programs, content distribution, and strategic outreach campaigns. You have superb communications skills and are adept at building and growing collaborative and productive relationships with executive level stakeholders, press, partners, customers, and internal team members. This high-visibility position reports directly to the VP of Marketing.
You'll be working out of our airy HQ in SOMA, centrally located to all transportation. We offer stock options, competitive salary and benefits, unlimited vacation, equipment of your choice, cell phone stipend, fantastic coworkers, well-stocked kitchen, and team/community events.
- Develop proactive PR strategies and initiatives, and manage execution with internal team
- Work with VP of Marketing and execs to articulate key messaging for audiences
- Direct and drive the PR calendar and submissions including byline/contributed content, speaking opportunities, and awards
- Brainstorm pitch, article, and editorial ideas in partnership with internal thought leaders and media contacts
- Write compelling press releases, media pitches, white papers, blog entries, and contributed articles
- Pitch press briefings and create all materials needed for media tours, including briefing sheets, summaries, and presentations
- Build and expand relationships with advertising, technology, business, and travel media and online influencer contacts
- Plan and produce thought leadership, press, and partner engagement events in collaboration with Marketing Manager
- Integrate PR efforts with content and social media programs
- Track and report PR program results and metrics
- 8+ years of experience in a communications / PR role at an agency and/or in-house at an Internet / technology company
- Exceptional and compelling written communication and copywriting; strong attention to detail
- Highly creative and strategic thinker with the ability to quickly generate ideas and content
- Outstanding oral and written communication ability, including presentation skills
- Ability to quickly learn new tasks and technologies
- Collaborative and creative problem solver
- Excellent project management skills
- A self-starter personality
- Health: Comprehensive medical, dental, & vision coverage
- Wealth: Stock options & 401k
- R&R: UNLIMITED vacation days
- Wares: Cell Phone, Hardware & Software of your choice (Mac or PC)