Digital Marketing Analyst
Ad Operations | US REMOTE | Full Time
Here at Sojern, we are on a mission to empower travel marketers to move travelers from dream to destination. Powered by machine learning and travel data, Sojern is quickly becoming the #1 travel marketing platform serving thousands of hotels, attractions, airlines and destinations worldwide.
We made Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 list 6 years in a row, were recognized on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine, and were named a Best Place to Work by AdAge. As a globally distributed company, we are headquartered in San Francisco with employees based in 14 countries and counting.
Our team is passionate about travel and the core values that define our culture: Win as a Team, Embrace Inclusion, Be Genuine, Deliver Wow, and Center Around the Customer.
Need more convincing? Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
We are open to fully remote candidates for this role, with a preference towards candidates who can work Central or Eastern timezone hours, or candidates located within the Omaha, NE metro area, where candidates would have the option to work remote or hybrid.
The Analyst role drives operational efficiency throughout the company and is tasked with supporting multiple teams along the way. As an Analyst, you will play a critical role within the team by ensuring our campaigns are structured in an optimal way, data feeding decision making is accurate, and build out improved ways to ensure data quality throughout our systems. The successful candidate will need to be highly detail oriented and capable of relaying information and recommendations to a variety of teams across the business.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, innovative and collaborative environment, and are excited by the idea to make impactful data-driven decisions every day, then Sojern is the place for you!
- Manage programmatic campaigns by combining audience segmentation, bidding, delivery and pricing strategies to extract optimal conversion based performance by leveraging travel data.
- Define a campaign’s target needs and requirements by working with the Commercial team to understand and deliver the client’s performance expectations.
- Intelligently combine the audience segmentation, bidding, delivery and pricing strategies to extract optimal conversion based performance for our travel advertisers by leveraging our exclusive travel intent audience.
- Bring your deep problem solving and analytical skills to ferret out the techniques necessary to optimize campaigns that leaves the competition scratching their heads.
- Create best practices documentation and rollout your techniques to the Account Managers and fellow Ad Operation team members.
- Communicate your insights and techniques to multiple internal stakeholders; diligent written and excellent presentation skills are key.
- Be rigorously Data Driven in every aspect of your work, insights, communications and proofs.
What you bring to the table:
- Experience extracting insights from data using any of these tools or similar tools: Excel, SQL, and/or Tableau
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience in data or business analytics role, with at least 1 year of experience in digital advertising preferred
- Experience with one of: AppNexus, The Trade Desk, DV360 or other equivalent display ad delivery DSP
- Strong business acumen required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; comfortable presenting to clients and to all levels of organization.
- BS in Business, Data Analytics, Economics, Marketing, Management, Data Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field; MBA or graduate degree a plus.
What we have for you:
- Flexi-Fridays: No internal meetings and shut down at Noon every Friday
- Flexibility: Remote and hybrid work options, so our team can enjoy flexibility and do their best work regardless of location
- Equity: Stock options are offered to every employee
- Tech: Monthly cell phone & wifi stipend provided, in addition to laptop and tech equipment for your home office
- Paid Parental Leave: 16 weeks pay for birthing parents and 12 weeks pay for non-birthing parents, beginning the day of joining until the child's first birthday. Where a local country has more liberal leave protocol, we happily comply! #embrace-inclusion
- Learning Opportunities: All employees receive a membership to LinkedIn Learning, plus you will have access to training and support to help you grow while leading creative and challenging projects
- Sojern Gives Back: We regularly organize office volunteer programs with local charities and organizations, as well as provide 40 hours of paid time per year to volunteer
- Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
- Travel Perks: IATA membership and personal travel “hotel stay” benefit
- Recognition: We use Bonusly to allow our team to recognize performance and teamwork #deliver-wow #win-as-a-team
- Wellbeing: We take a whole-person approach to your wellness with Spring Health mental health benefits, a Wellness Coach, and Employee Assistance Programs
- Paid Time Off: Unlimited PTO (we are a travel company, after all!)
- Healthcare: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents with healthy employer premium contributions
- Life and Disability: Life, AD&D and Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance with premiums 100% paid by Sojern
- Medical Travel: Travel expense coverage for when medical treatment is needed that is not available locally
- Retirement: 401k available with company profit sharing contributions
Our Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion:
At Sojern, we work to create a brave space that seeks out, embraces, and promotes diverse thoughts, beliefs, and experiences of Sojernistas globally.
We are building a workforce that represents the customer base we are serving and the world we live in. A diversified workforce is an innovative workforce. Just as there is no one archetype traveler, there is no one archetype employee. We foster diversity and inclusion across the company, actively seeking to amplify underrepresented voices and apply diverse perspectives to ensure products, policies, and programs are relevant for our employees and clients alike.
Embracing our differences and celebrating them moves us towards our goal of making travel inclusive of all. Sojern has over 15 employee-led Affinity Groups, including Embrace Inclusion, So-Proud, Sojern Women's Group, Sojern Gives Back, and more, which are the core of our culture, fostering belonging, inspiring learning, and creating opportunities for all Sojernistas across the globe.
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender orientation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.