Customer Marketing Manager
Marketing | Omaha, NE | Full Time
Sojern is changing the way the hospitality industry engages travelers, and we're looking for passionate people to join our team. We move fast — and we love what we do.
Specializing in traveler path-to-purchase data for over a decade, Sojern is travel's direct demand engine for thousands of brands -- from global enterprises to boutique operators -- across the hotel, airline, cruise, transportation, tourism industries, and more. Analyzing the world's travel intent signals with its proprietary data science methods, the company delivered $10B in generated bookings for its clients to date by activating multi-channel branding and performance solutions on the Sojern Traveler Platform.
Recognized on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine, Sojern is headquartered in San Francisco, with teams based in Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Mexico City, New York, Omaha, Paris, Singapore, and Sydney.
Come join a fun and collaborative team changing the game in the travel tech industry!
We’re looking for a results-driven Customer Marketing Manager to lead the launch of our new user onboarding experience and communication flows from start to finish to fuel customer success for our Property Solutions business. You will develop and execute best-in-class onboarding and engagement programs personalized to help new customers explore and adopt the Sojern platform. You’ll help our customers discover insights about hotel demand in their local market, metrics on how their campaigns are performing, new products to help them grow their business, and more. In this role, you will partner with our Customer Success, Product, and Finance teams to define audience segments and key customer pain points, and use your expertise to develop the content, cadence, A/B test plan, and technical requirements that will move the needle on customer launch, retention, and upsell. This role reports to the Director of Marketing Operations and is based in our Omaha office. This is an exciting opportunity where you will work on one of our most important initiatives with immediate impact and visibility with the executive team.
Own the Customer-First Marketing Strategy: Own the strategy, development, execution, and results of personalized retention marketing programs for new and existing Sojern customers.
Writing and Creative Development: Lead and manage message creation for each customer stream, test hypotheses about which messages resonate with various customer segments, develop and evangelize communication best practices.
Email Campaign Management: Manage and coordinate campaign creative assets and tracking parameters with internal team members and external vendors. Setup and Q/A campaigns in Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
A/B Testing & Optimization: Develop and execute a testing plan that delivers key insights and makes an impact on our bottom line.
Analysis & Reporting: Work with business analysts to synthesize data and key performance indicators (KPIs) to drive leverage on campaign performance (i.e. increase conversion to appointment setting, lift in login rates, new product adoption, revenue retention, etc.). Build reports, generate insights from the data, and drive next steps with your cross-functional team.
Learning and Growth: Proactively stay ahead of digital and lifecycle marketing best practices, strategies, and industry standards.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- You are intellectually curious, an original thinker, and possess a growth mindset
- You can think strategically and execute methodically
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in digital or customer lifecycle marketing (preferably in a high growth B2B / SaaS environment)
- Strong writing skills (email content, subject lines, landing pages, blog posts, etc.)
- Experience working with creative and marketing operations teams to develop content, set up campaigns, and build reports
- Strong drive to identify actionable insights and optimization opportunities within campaign data
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Understanding of how campaigns are tracked through a marketing automation platform (e.g. Marketo) and customer relationship management system (e.g. Salesforce) a bonus
- Marketo certification
- Advanced excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookups)
- Familiarity with Tableau
- Culture: Our team loves a good time
- Snacks: Well-stocked kitchen to fill your breakfast, lunch, and snack needs
- Opportunities: Be part of a growing team with training and support to help you grow
- Give Back: We give 40 hours a year to volunteer and organize office volunteer programs with local organizations
- Ownership: Lead creative and challenging projects
- Meals: Monthly catered lunches & happy hours
- Time off: Flexible vacation days
- Wealth: Stock options
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.