Business Development Representative
Sales | US REMOTE | Full Time
Here at Sojern, we are on a mission to empower travel marketers to move travelers from dream to destination. Powered by machine learning and travel data, Sojern is quickly becoming the #1 travel marketing platform serving thousands of hotels, attractions, airlines and destinations worldwide.
We made Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 list 6 years in a row, were recognized on the Top Company Cultures list by Entrepreneur Magazine, and were named a Best Place to Work by AdAge. We are headquartered in San Francisco with teams based in Dubai, Dublin, London, Paris, Omaha and Singapore.
Our team is passionate about travel and the core values that define our culture: Win as a team, Embrace Inclusion, Be Genuine, Deliver Wow, and Center Around the Customer.
Need more convincing? Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
You are a driven, self-motivated, and hungry to learn individual, who is looking to build a career in digital advertising. As part of the entry-level Business Development Program, you will have the opportunity to work with small and mid-sized travel businesses that may benefit from our media products and solutions in the fast-paced, online, travel-advertising environment. You will play a critical role within the company as a talented hunter that excels at researching, qualifying and prospecting leads to book qualified appointments for the sales team. This role is intended to prepare you to grow and succeed in our Inside Sales environment.
Identify and investigate leads, qualifying them using online research to establish decision makers and corresponding contact information.
Engage qualified and interested leads by making calls to book appointments and drive sales presentations for the Sales Executives.
Meet weekly and monthly goals by excelling on the phone in both activity and presence.
Perform operational marketing tasks including; performing prospective email campaigns, creative client gifting solutions, lead nurturing activities and managing a full schedule of follow up tasks while leveraging Sojern technology.
Build an organizational foundation for the sales process.
Take an opportunistic and strategic approach to prospecting.
Proficiently utilize Salesforce, with Sojern’s architecture and guidelines.
What you bring to the table:
Bachelor’s degree or related experience (preferred in business, marketing, or a related field).
At least 1 year of general business or sales experience preferred.
Goal-oriented, passionate, high-energy professional.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills for phone and email-based outreach.
Strong resolve and unwavering persistence.
Entrepreneurial spirited with a forward-thinking mindset.
Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively.
Hands-on experience using Salesforce.com is a plus.
Desire to grow, learn and advance within the Inside Sales team.
What we have for you:
- Flexi-Fridays: No internal meetings and shut down at Noon every Friday
- Flexibility: Remote and hybrid work options, so our team can enjoy flexibility and do their best work regardless of location
- Equity: Stock options are offered to every employee
- Tech: Monthly cell phone & wifi stipend provided, in addition to laptop and tech equipment for your home office
- Paid Parental Leave: 16 weeks pay for birthing parents and 12 weeks pay for non-birthing parents, beginning the day of joining until the child's first birthday. Where a local country has more liberal leave protocol, we happily comply! #embrace-inclusion
- Learning Opportunities: All employees receive a membership to LinkedIn Learning, plus you will have access to training and support to help you grow while leading creative and challenging projects
- Sojern Gives Back: We regularly organize office volunteer programs with local charities and organizations, as well as provide 40 hours of paid time per year to volunteer
- Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
- Travel Perks: IATA membership and personal travel “hotel stay” benefit
- Recognition: We use Bonusly to allow our team to recognize performance and teamwork #deliver-wow #win-as-a-team
- Wellbeing: We take a whole-person approach to your wellness with Spring Health mental health benefits, a Wellness Coach, and Employee Assistance Programs
- Paid Time Off: Unlimited PTO (we are a travel company, after all!)
- Healthcare: Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your dependents with healthy employer premium contributions
- Life and Disability: Life, AD&D and Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance with premiums 100% paid by Sojern
- Medical Travel: Travel expense coverage for when medical treatment is needed that is not available locally
- Retirement: 401k available with company profit sharing contributions
Our Commitment to Diversity Equity and Inclusion:
At Sojern, we work to create a brave space that seeks out, embraces, and promotes diverse thoughts, beliefs, and experiences of Sojernistas globally.
We are building a workforce that represents the customer base we are serving and the world we live in. A diversified workforce is an innovative workforce. Just as there is no one archetype traveler, there is no one archetype employee. We foster diversity and inclusion across the company, actively seeking to amplify underrepresented voices and apply diverse perspectives to ensure products, policies, and programs are relevant for our employees and clients alike.
Embracing our differences and celebrating them moves us towards our goal of making travel inclusive of all. Sojern has over 15 employee-led Affinity Groups, including Embrace Inclusion, So-Proud, Sojern Women's Group, Sojern Gives Back, and more, which are the core of our culture, fostering belonging, inspiring learning, and creating opportunities for all Sojernistas across the globe.
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.