Design Thinking Guild | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional UX/UI Designer to join our team in Vancouver. This role will be focused on making sure our work meets the highest level of quality. You will work closely with a talented team and are not afraid to iterate with strategy and are open to constructive criticism. You are design-aware, follow the latest trends and are energized by helping create experiences to be used by the millions. Here is a bit more about how this position impacts our organization and the experience/skills to do it:
What We Do
- As a services company we get to work a wide range of projects from low-level IoT projects and blockchain to apps, websites and backend services for household names (Starbucks, Costco, Shell Oil, just to name a few).
- Work with team members all across the world and closely collaborate to ensure the things we work on are successful.
- Create amazing user experiences for our clients and for ourselves.
What We Provide
- Open culture, opportunity to work on exciting technology and learn new things.
- Cozy office in downtown Vancouver with snacks, drinks and a communal spirit.
- Extended health benefits, personal development budget, and flexible work schedule.
What We Expect of You
- Strong knowledge of user interface design process and methodology.
- Advanced experience in interaction design, usability research, and information architecture.
- Ability to run “Discovery” workshops on-site to help a client determine features, requirements, and vision on what they want to build.
- Ability to give design estimates and scope a client project.
- Ability to lead projects and delegate tasks within your team.
- Demonstrates strong visual design skills, ability to solve UX problems, ability to work within an existing visual system.
- Able to take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for its users with supervision from a Design Manager.
- Develops a UX process that is repeatable and shareable.
- Works well within existing visual and UX patterns.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the design team
- Identifies scenarios where data would be helpful for making design decisions.
- Ability to understand customer needs, motivation, and behaviours and translate them into actionable deliverables. Strong client management skills. You can articulate and lead discussions around your process, explorations and conclusions.
- Solid up to date understanding of best practices, development and trends in web, mobile, iOS, and Material Design.
- Detail-oriented and highly developed organization skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on.
- Must be an ego-free, thick skinned person who can take and give clear feedback.
- Strong self-management skills as well as the ability to work as a contributing member of a multi-discipline team.
- Ability to collaborate with other designers and developers to envision and integrate concepts.
- Shares work frequently with their feature teams, product groups and with the design team.
- Ability to provide thoughtful constructive feedback to other team members.
- Taking initiatives in coming up with ideas/ processes to improve internal process.
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as, Sketch and InVision.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects + task at any given time.
- Agency experience is a plus.
- Interest and ability to travel to client sites (10-15% expected within North America)
Ideally you will also:
- Value teamwork: demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional and distributed teams, including designers, developers and QA engineers
- Demonstrate skill and commitment to building and maintaining relationships
- Work enthusiastically: have passion for the work and the role; can-do attitude
- Remain calm under pressure
- Communicate efficiently and carefully both verbally and in written form
- Be meticulously organized
- Plan and schedule in an effective and productive manner, maintaining focus on key priorities
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Softvision LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.