UX Design Director
Design and UX Guild | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We are looking to fill a Design Director role for our growing Vancouver Innovation and Design studio.
Softvision helps organizations that want to leverage advanced technologies to create innovative new products and services to accelerate their growth with digital. We work with brands like Macy’s, Estee Lauder, Shell, Lululemon and Mozilla as well as with innovative startups to create exciting experiences, strategies and digital products.
To lead the Softvision Design team in initiating and managing design projects, conducting UX strategy workshops and using design methods to create experiences that delight. You will need to develop the skills of the design team, looking at CX, service design and new design formats.
- Lead the UX, UI and conceptual creative aspects of all digital projects, oversee the selection of techniques and tools, and provide evaluation criteria to discover users’ needs.
- Create digital strategy and product roadmaps with our clients.
- Facilitate workshops with internal and external teams to deliver innovative and appropriate solutions.
- Synthesize qualitative and quantitative data to derive personas, use cases, concepts, user journeys and information architecture.
- Present research findings and creative work to DUXD and clients.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into compelling UX designs.
- Create prototypes based on high-level business, functional, and technical requirements.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Management to ensure the best creative solutions are realized, implemented and delivered.
- Keep abreast of latest practices, techniques and emerging technologies within the industry and employ these to develop ideas and inspire creative concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Senior UX designer with 5-10 years work experience working for respected clients as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
- Understanding of UX processes
- Has applied service design methods with client projects
- Experience in interface design for desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment is desired.
- Experience of working to strict deadlines.
- Proven design track record and design agency experience.
- Experience in designing user flows, wireframes and implementation instructions.
- Ability to define key metrics and evaluate project success.
- Portfolio of UX and design work.
- World class UX / interface design
- Strong proof of concept, rapid prototyping, storyboarding and technical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to quickly turn around detailed wireframes and mock-ups in an iterative environment.
- Proficiency in Adobe CS, Axure, Sketch etc.
- Training for the team on new design methods and strategies
- Training on licensed platforms and programs
- ‘Innovation’ time dedicated to new formats and technologies
- Product leadership opportunities with big name brands
- Regular company offsites
- Act as a design and UX advocate internally and externally.
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
At this time, Softvision LLC will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. Relocation assistance is available. Softvision LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates, please.