Cloud & DevOps Guild | Jersey City, NJ | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional TechOps Engineer to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts. Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Deep experience working in a Linux environment, including system engineering, high availability design, performance analysis, network troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of container technologies: Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of operating RESTful web services, including full understanding of web protocols (HTTP/HTTPS, SSL, etc).
- Develop scripts that automate infrastructure and software delivery capabilities.
- Automate the provisioning of environments using Ansible, Puppet and other tools.
- Design and develop high-quality automation workflows in a cloud platform.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to present, persuade and influence peers, vendors and executives.
- Experience migrating platforms to cloud based offerings, such as Amazon AWS.
- Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated, able to build and sustain long-term relationships across a multitude of stakeholders in a fast paced, multi-directional work environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply expertise to drive complex, technical and highly commercial solutions.
- Experience supporting complex production application environments.
- 2+ years of experience of Linux
- 2+ years of experience with a scripting language like Python or Ruby
- 2+ years of experience in a public cloud offering, migrating or building tools and applications in AWS
- 1+ years of experience architecting, implementing and managing a monitoring tool such as Nagios, CloudWatch, Splunk, and ELK in the cloud
- 1+ years of experience of Docker & Kubernetes
- Experience working in a distributed systems environment, including public, private and hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Experience building a microservices based architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Software Development in a Linux environment
- Deep understanding of the Agile development methodology
- High personal code/development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc)
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Pack and move relocation available. Softvision LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.