Technical Team Lead- Nodejs
DevOps & Cloud | Atlanta, GA | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional Team Lead to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts. Core to this need are expertise in:
- The candidate will need to define and confirm the architecture for all ongoing work. Occasional development work when needed...but we want this lead to truly drive and manage the team. Will interact with Manager on progress, risks, planning, etc.
• 7+ years’ experience in software engineering, including experience managing production systems
• Demonstrated success working on software engineering problems that span multiple products
• Expert ability to deliver through other software engineers
• Excellent Software Architect / Software Architecture skills. This means you don't just write code, you organize it well, and you know and follow principles and best practices.
• Strong sense of ownership and product understanding
• Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations. Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks
• Expert level skills in design, architecture and development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects if the situation demands
• Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary
• Familiarity with the following additional tools and technologies:
o DB (SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB) and Cache (Varnish, Redis, Memcached)
o Cloud Application Development
o BitBucket (GIT)
o CI/CD tools
Nice To Have Requirements:
• Provides technical leadership with defining, developing, and evolving software and products / tools in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development and DevOps practices
• Provides guidance to developers with planning, design, and execution of their user stories
• Captures system-level requirements by working with Client stakeholders
• Leads evaluation, impact assessment, and recommendations related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations, and implementation strategy
• Drives increased efficiency across the team, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse where possible
• Wears a developer “hat” when needed–“Player/Coach” role due to small size of the team
• Coaches within software engineering team sessions on requirements estimation and alternative approaches
Ideally you will also have:
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics (Graduate Degree always is a plus)
- 5 years experience in nodejs
- An Agile mindset with experience working in Agile environment
- A spirit of collaboration and transparent communication
- A natural curiosity for new scripting languages , frameworks and technologies
- High personal code/development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc)
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.