Sr. DevOps Architect
Cloud & DevOps Guild | Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional Sr. DevOps Architect to join our team in Vancouver. This role will be focused on making sure our work meets the highest level of quality. You will work closely with a talented team and are not afraid to iterate with strategy and are open to constructive criticism. You are design-aware, follow latest trends and are energized by helping create experiences to be used by the millions. Here is a bit more about how this position impacts our organization and the experience/skills to do it:
What We Do
- As a services company we get to work a wide range of projects from low level IoT projects and blockchain to apps, websites and backend services for household names (Reddit, Lululemon, Shell Oil, Starbucks, just to name a few).
Work with team members all across the world and closely collaborate to ensure the things we work on are successful.
Create amazing user experiences for our clients and for ourselves.
What We Provide
Open culture, opportunity to work on exciting technology and learn new things.
Cozy office in downtown Vancouver with snacks, drinks and a communal spirit.
- Extended health benefits, personal development budget and flexible work schedule.
What We Expect of You
- Provide solutions to implement continuous integration & continuous deployment solutions for large sized project.
- Guide the team to tackle, build & deploy automation solutions.
- Design/Implement release orchestration solutions for these large sized projects.
- Perform pre-assessments to help the customer begin the DevOps journey.
- Help in application onboarding to the defined target operating model to achieve build & release automation.
- Participate/Lead DevOps transformation for an enterprise customer.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- 10+ years of strong, hands on experience in DevOps, including architecture experience
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well in a team-oriented environment
- Proven expertise designing and implementing cloud solutions with AWS utilizing S3, Redshift, and Quicksight
- Ability to build and implement continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) environments using tools such as Bamboo, Bamboo Specs, Jenkins 2.0, Artifactory, SonarQube, GitHub Enterprise etc.
- Experience creating CI/CD for applications in JAVA and .NET stack on AWS
- Experience building pipelines utilizing Container platforms like Docker and orchestration using Kubernetes.
- Experience integrating testing tools and frameworks such as Selenium Grid, SoapUI, Qtest, Cucumber, Saucelabs and others to the DevOps pipeline
- Ability to document and train our IT & Engineering organizations on CI/CD best practices
- Working experience of Agile/SCRUM/Kanban techniques
- Experience with some of the following preferred: Vagrant, MySQL, NoSQL, SonarQube, Splunk or Graylog, Nagios or New Relic, Docker, Chef, Ansible
- Ability and interest to travel to client offices in US and Canada (approximately 15-25%)
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.
You must be legally authorized to work in Canada without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.