Sr. Data Scientist
Big Data & Analytics Guild | Oakland, CA | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this, we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional Data Scientist to work with our cross-functional team and join our world-class community of talented experts.
- Make recommendations regarding the collection, extraction, and transformation of large data sets
- Interpret data and analyze results
- Translate analytical insights into clear recommendations; identify trends and patterns to inform business decisions and product design
- Leverage Python to analyze complex data
- Design and develop customized interactive reports and dashboards in Tableau; schedule in Tableau Server
- Define and develop a data migration strategy between different products and platforms
- Develop creative ways to identify and use data that significantly impact key business metrics
- Assess the potential usefulness and validity of new data sources
- Utilize statistical approaches to build predictive models
- Mentor other team members/ analysts to grow their skills and careers
- B.S. in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Must have 5+ years of experience and proven track record in solving business problems through fact-based and scientific analytics
- Advanced knowledge of statistical programming language Python
- Experience in predictive models, predictive analysis and data modeling
- Extensive experience developing Tableau reports
- A clear understanding of logical and physical database design and data
- Strong database skills (MySQL, SQL Server) and ability to write, optimize and tune complex SQL scripts
- Deep understanding of statistics and algorithms
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
At this time, Softvision LLC will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. Relocation assistance is available. Softvision LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates, please.