Sr. Art Director
Design and UX Guild | Austin, TX | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We create impactful and custom digital experiences that connect brands with consumers in relevant and memorable interactions. We partner in the digital strategy, design and execution transforming the world’s leading global businesses.
Our digital studios are worldwide, yet we are one collaborative global team who recognize the demand for all software and technology products to engage users through compelling design. We operate across many sectors, but specialize in retail and financial services and healthcare.
You are a talented Senior Art Director with the experience to lead the UX, UI and conceptual creative aspects of digital projects. You have a strong work ethic with an attention to detail, strive to produce work at the highest quality standards and absorb design knowledge and trends. Under the direction of a UX Director, you may work on several projects at a time and will be involved in all phases of design development.
- Experience in creating a design strategy that includes the brand’s promise, insights from users, and competitive analysis, to inform interface and interaction elements.
- Ability to understand and apply the tenets of visual language (e.g., typography, layout composition) and effectively converse with design teams and clients.
- Help facilitate workshops with internal and external teams to deliver innovative and appropriate solutions.
- Present design work to internal teams and clients
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into compelling UX designs
- Create prototypes based on high-level business, functional, and technical requirements
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product Management to ensure the best creative solutions are realized, implemented and delivered
- Keep abreast of latest practices, techniques and emerging technologies within the industry and employ these to develop ideas and inspire creative concepts
- Act as a design and UX advocate internally and externally
- Effectively utilize qualitative and quantitative data to derive personas, use cases, concepts, user journeys and information architecture
- Oversee the selection of techniques and tools and provide evaluation criteria to discover users’ needs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Have 5-10 years of experience working for respected clients as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
- Has applied service design methods with client projects
- Experience in interface design for desktop, tablet, and mobile
- Experience of working in an Agile environments is highly desirable
- Experience of working to strict deadlines
- Proven design track record and design agency experience
- Experience in designing user flows, wireframes and implementation instructions.
- Portfolio of design work
- Top notch visual and interface design
- Strong proof of concept, rapid prototyping, storyboarding and technical skills.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to quickly turn around detailed wireframes and mock-ups in an iterative environment
- Proficiency in Adobe CS and prototyping tools such as Sketch and Azure
- An understanding of web development technologies
- Sketching skills a plus
At this time, Softvision LLC will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. Relocation assistance is available. Softvision LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd party agency candidates please.