Site Reliability Engineer
Quality Engineering Guild | New York, NY | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional Site Reliability Engineer to work with our cross-functional team and join our world-class community of talented experts. Core to this need is expertise in:
- At least 3+ years experience supporting infrastructure and services in public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Demonstrable experience with automation and orchestration to enable o Accelerated infrastructure, application and software configuration deployment o Automated response to alerts or indicators of performance issues o Infrastructure as code
- Reliability – driving fault detection and correction, performance and uptime at a global scale
- Observability – instrument systems to gain visibility and understanding of how systems are performing and detecting anomalous behavior - Deep understanding Linux/Unix system internals
- Working knowledge of network protocols and network based services, including routing, network load balancing and web proxy appliances / applications
- Experience building and supporting containerized application technologies including Docker, kubernetes
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools and deployment processes, GitLab a strong preference
- Proficient with various programming languages such as Python/Java/Go for building automation or integration with APIs
- Passion for eliminating repetitive manual processes using automation, including a focus on writing detailed solution specifications, best practices/standards documentation, operating procedures, run books, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Kafka, Active MQ, IBM MQ, Amazon RDS, Amazon Auroroa desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, should be capable of working with cross functional technical and business teams and varying levels of management
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
“At this time, Softvision LLC will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position. Pack and move relocation available. Softvision LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates please.”