Senior Java Developer Backend
Web Application | Calgary, AB, Canada | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional Java Developer to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts. As a Java backend developer with Kafka experience we expect you to have a keen interest in the latest iterations of the Java language, having deployed services to cloud environments and have good knowledge on networking and databases. We also appreciate an ability to dive into new areas and technologies as needed. We believe everyone has the capacity to pick up new skills as needed.
For this specific role you'll be part of our Vancouver based team, architecting and implementing Java SpringBoot services for one of our North America based clients. Core to this need are expertise in:
- Java 8 or newer
- SpringBoot and Spring MVC Frameworks
- Relational Databases and SQL
- Deploying Java services to cloud environments
Ideally you will also have:
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics (Graduate Degree always is a plus)
- An Agile mindset with experience working in Agile environment
- A spirit of collaboration and transparent communication
- A natural curiosity for new scripting languages , frameworks and technologies
- High personal code/development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc)
- Experience with “NoSQL” databases such as MongoDB, Apache Cassandra and others.
- Experience with the Apache Kafka ecosystem.
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.
You must be legally authorized to work in Canada without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.