Senior Full Stack Developer (React/NodeJS)
Full Stack Web Guild | Toronto, ON, Canada | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Full Stack Developer to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts. Core to this need are expertise in:
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Undergraduate Degree in Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics (Graduate Degree always is a plus)
- Must have at least 3 years of experience working as a Full Stack developer
- Must have Node.js, React, Couchbase or SQL
- Expert level Node.js and React experience with components, classes and associated technologies
- Couchbase experience, or extensive SQL experience
- Technology stack: Node.js with Express, Couchbase, Redis, React with Redux, git, yarn and related technologies
- Good knowledge of popular Node.js and React libraries/components in open source community
- Expert level Bootstrap 4 experience with components, classes, layouts, grids and the other Bootstrap features
- Advanced in using mixins, partials, variables etc. for SASS, the other CSS processors like PostCSS, mastery of cross-browser and cross-platform issues, responsive/adaptive 1design and different layout techniques
- Advanced CSS3/HTML5 usage and modern features (Flexbox, CSS grids, media queries and CSS custom properties), CSS naming conventions (BEM) and CSS linting
- Technology stack : ES6, Webpack, React, git, yarn and npm related technologies
- Good knowledge of best popular npm and React libraries/components in open source community
- Brainstorm, concept, and collaborate with UX Team to come up with style guidelines
- Translating Invision designs into flexible and reusable React components using HTML5, JSX and SASS
- Applying best modern CSS methodologies (CSS in JS, styled components, Glamorous,CSS modules, BEM or Atomic Design etc.) and CSS tools (Modernizr, Autoprefixer, CSS linting, Stylelint, CSS linting etc.) into our React components
- Produces minimal and clean SASS code with more reusability and reviews/fixes code by the other developers in the team
- Following and implementing the latest coding trends, tricks/hacks and best practices along with conveying the message to the other team members
- An Agile mindset with experience working in Agile environment
- A spirit of collaboration and transparent communication
- A natural curiosity for new scripting languages , frameworks and technologies
- High personal code/development standards (peer testing, unit testing, documentation, etc)
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Cognizant Softvision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.
You must be legally authorized to work in Canada without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.