RDS Database Engineer
Big Data & Analytics Guild | Jersey City, NJ | Full Time
WE ARE A TRANSFORMATIONAL PARTNER
We marry design and engineering language in ways that produce impactful and memorable experience journeys. We partner all the way to continuously improve our clients’ digital maturity. Our Studio network brings the optimal combination of skill, scale, and cost for each stage of the product development lifecycle. And to do this we need great transformational people that want to impact the projects and organizations that they work with.
We are looking for an exceptional RDS Database Engineer to work with our cross-functional team, and join our world-class community of talented experts. Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience with running databases on AWS using Oracle RDS, Aurora, MongoDB, Snowflake, no-sql, MPP db
- Good conceptual understanding of RDBMS, EDW, Open Source RDBMS, Cloud EDW
- Experience in deploying high availability database solutions in cloud
- Performance tuning of the db and sql queries
- Experience with disaster recovery between cloud regions and availability zones
- Understanding of encryption of db at rest and in transit
- Provided solutions for monitoring and alerts of db
- Experience in sizing of database and associated performance and cost trade-offs
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, both written and orally, as well as the interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams.
- Ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate requirements into technical solutions.
- Experience working in a Linux environment, including system engineering, high availability design, performance analysis, network troubleshooting. Experience using infrastructure as code tools (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation)
We are a thriving Community of top technology talent that is globally connected. We Engage, Make, Run and Evolve the technology that makes many brands that you know and love. So let’s take this journey together. No matter where you are on your digital career roadmap, we can help you grow and have fun doing it.
Pack and move relocation available. Softvision LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No 3rd Party Agency Candidates.